DnDs

i10 sports/swift vxi/i20 magna

hi!

i'm planning to buy a new car by this weekend, but i am unable to decide between the hyundai i10 sportz/ suzuki swift vxi/ hyundai i20 magna. i am not going for diesel coz daily mileage will be less than 50 km (correct me if my decision is wrong).

i've already gone through the buyers guide in your AAA section, but still i am not able to decide.

my preference:

1) city drive (therefore good maneuverability)

2) good mileage (very important)

3) low on maintenance

4) build quality (coz i intend to keep the car for atleast 5-6 years)

p.s. the car will be driven by a lady.

kindly give your suggestions, they'll be of great help in deciding among the three cars, also suggest any other car which you think will be better than these cars.

thank you

Keeping in mind all your points, here is my suggestion.

1st-i10

The city drive is best in the i10. It has a 1.2L Kappa engine which is revolutionary. It is very fun to drive and silent. Being the smallest, it is easy to maneuver as well. Fuel Economy is also best on the i10. It gives 14-15 in the city and 18-22 on highway with AC on. The interior quality is by far, best in any hatchback in India. The steering has brilliant feel and is easy, so it will be preferred by ladies. The build quality is robust and the boot size is deccent for a car of it's size. It has enough space and the seats are superbly comfortable. A.S.S is brilliant as it is a Hyundai. The best hatchback in India and ACI's favorite hatchback as well.

2nd-Hyundai i20

The i20 is a very competent premium hatchback. It has a funky interior and it comes with the same 1.2L Kappa engine which is seen in the i10. Although the performance is mediocre. The engine does it's job of being silent and refined. The ride quality is not so good in the i20. It comes with a lot of equipment. This may not be the ideal hatchback to drive in the city because of a vague steering and average handling. Braking is superb. Interior quality is not as good as the i10. Mileage is good. It gives you 10-12 in the city and 14-16 on the highway. Build quality is not as exceptional as it's sibling , the i10. Maintenance and A.S.S is great as it is a Hyundai. It also has a great amount of space inside. It is also a good VFM car.

3rd- Suzuki Swift

It is a proven but ageing performer. The looks are getting boring. The petrol has good handling and mileage and the car is a VFM. The build quality, though is Flimsy and cannot match the formers. The boot is small for it's size and so are the rear seats. Maruti Suzuki has the best A.S.S in India so you don't need to worry at all.

MY CHOICE- HYUNDAI i10 sportz/ asta

Maybe you can wait for sometime and check out Maruti Suzuki Ritz which is due for a launch anytime now. I advise you to go for i10 asta if your budget permits as it comes with goodies like ABS and Airbags.

sparshq2009-04-30 07:09:18

Swifts rear seat and boot space though small are not less than i10. But since its lady driven i will suggest i10. Dont feel there is a need for going for kappa as the extra money you will give will only be for performance which i dont think you need as it most probably will be your second car in the house and its sufficient in the 1.1 motor .

But I will strongly suggest you to wait for the ritz, bcos a new model is always good and also bcos a new model from maruti guarantees that it will have some features that the competition doesnt have. Also the new K12M motor that powers the ritz is supposed to have excellent FE.

EDIT: Also have a look at A-star. It fills the bill perfectly for city use and gives the best FE amongst petrol Hatchbacksrahul18102009-04-30 08:24:56

hey friend ,, if u have sound budget & u love features & space then opt i20 even magna model will give u a lot

but if price does matter & less need of space then opt i10 kappa..

both the cars are giving good mileage & best build quality

Splash as u mention above ,, it wil be a small car even less than swift...

ppl only buying A Star due to milega.. & similar will happen with splash.

don't get puzzled.. go with i20 or i10 in accordence with your budget

thank you all for your replies.

personally i'm in favor of i10 as somebody here mentioned its very good for lady drivers and my wife too felt comfortable driving it.

also i am getting a lot of freebies along with i10 which actually dominates in my favourism for it.

but at the same time i feel i20 to be more refreshing and spacious.

Yeah, ask your wife that how is she feeling the car's steering, gearbox and interiors. I bet she will be liking it. At though the headrests are not height adjustable, they are quite high are very cushioned for a comfy ride.

Well i10 kappa seems to be the best option for you but also consider i20, it's a bigger car though and may not be ideal for city use.

Ask your wife to test drive i20 and see if she likes it, if yes then i20 is better than i10 with adequate performance for city use.

thank you all for your suggestions.

i10 it is then.

but is i10 sportz worth over magna variant?

difference in price is about 28k. which one should i go for.

thank you once again.

go with i10 sportzz manual edition.......

nice car with loaded features.......

discounts arround 20,000 plus if u have good skills in Bargaining

i10 sports was my choice but due to need of more space i  opt i20 magna....

it will give u joy of ride & happy ownership experiencesmiley1.gif

Well I don't think the extra features are worth more and their is a bad mix on the interior of the Sportz varient and there is nothing sporty about it stick to magna.

that may depend on ur choice & patterns of perception dear.. but ppl who drove sportz variant r much satisfied that i10magna ... no doubt price is about 4.27 lacs in punjab (i dnt knw others) ,,   but a discount of about 20K + make it a better fit for ppl who wana to drive a spacy & comfortable vehicle in this range      

I10 IS BEST FOR U.. NO DOUBT IT ...I20 WUD GIVE U THE BEST SPACE BUT U WONT ENJOY THE DRIVE AS U WUD DO IN I10 ..

SWIFT ...NO REASON TO GO FOR IT ...LEAST SPACE , LEAST MILEAGE , WORST BUILD QUALITY , AND SIMPLY AS COMMON AS INDICA .

SO IF U DONT WANT EXTRA SPACEC ..I10 IS THE CAR U WUD FALL IN LOVE AT THE EARLIEST .

i10 sportz has the following features magna does not have-

Alloy option

Sportz Badge

2 DIN music system

Airbag option

Different Fabrics/Leather

Rear Spoiler

ABS option i think

So a fully loaded Sportz would be good and it will just be postitioned below i10 asta, which is also a good deal.

thank you all for your suggestions, i have decided to go for i10 sports.

i and my wife test drove the car, kappa engine is very refined and peppy.

i am going for sports over magna coz of following reasons

1)rear defogger(a must in winters)

2)2din sterio system(which has very good sound)

other things are cosmetic.

thank you all for helping me decide.

Well I think he has made up his mind don't get swift in the middle as I think the petrol should be avoided as of now as it may get the new KB series engine and the price will come down.

once he has made his mind and taken the right and great decision ..then plz dont try and sell him swift ..be realistic and respect somebodys decision ....

hope u hav a great experience with the car as i10 is indeed the best hatch in india .

thank you rishi-del and Tanmay, well i have bought the car in silver color.

@dominique, well swift was very much into consideration, but the driving position wasmt comfortable to my wife and also kappa is new and more efficient than swift's decade old engine which is due for an upgrade or possibly a change as some one mentioned here in his post.

thank you all

hi all!

its been a week since i bought my car , and i must say i am very satisfied with its performance.

though there is one query, the F.E. i am getting is about 12-13kmpl, with AC on in speed1(mostly) and 2 occasionally. but i expected a bit more than this as the dealer told me that customers are verifying FE of around 15-16 kmpl.

what could have been wrong?

kindly reply

P.S.- the car has been run in city only so far and in 3rd gear at most of the times.

thanx sparshq, but when i talked to the dealer, he said people are reporting 14-15 kmpl in city drive, that's why i was a bit skeptical about the figures i am getting.

i will be taking the car on highways to my natives, will calculate the FE again, hope it returns good figures.

regarding pics , i don't see any link in the forum to post the pics, can you guide me how to load them.