DnDs

i10 sports/swift vxi/i20 magna

@ CCat yes you are right ........... sometimes communication gap lead to such problems.......... hey DnD's plz dont start searching dead pedal @ right.....

smiley2.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley2.gif 

just kidding be happy

you absolutely right that dead pedal is for right foot. but what i mentioned in my review is that there is a "raised" floor alongside the accelerator, which i found missing in my car.

i hope this will peal off all the confusions over the comments. My apologies for not making it clear in my earlier post.

Also there is a bit of enquiry i wanted to make. i have covered 12oo Km so far and the car is due for its first service. though it is not mentioned(probably recommended) in the manual to go for Engine oil change during the first service. But i have been going through various other forums, and they have mentioned that one should go for the engine oil change as the engine is new and some of the metal parts of the engine gets mixed up with the oil, which could further deteriorate the performance.

So can you guys please guide me through this, should i or shouldn't i go for engine oil change?

thank you

regards

DnDs

you absolutely right that dead pedal is for right foot. but what i mentioned in my review is that there is a "raised" floor alongside the accelerator' date=' which i found missing in my car.[/quote']

Again you said the same thing.

THERE IS NO RAISED FLOOR ALONGSIDE THE ACCELERATOR BUT ALONGSIDE CLUTCH PEDAL.

No person requires Dead Pedal alongside Accelerator Pedal since you will rest your Right Foot on the ACC. Pedal itself smiley36.gif as long as you drive the car.

Almost all people have tendency to rest their Left Foot on Clutch instead of keeping on floor. Hence Its necessary to have a Dead Pedal Alongside of Clutch instead of Accelerator.smiley1.gif

@DnDs they say it true change the engine oil as it will have some metal parts also Sudeep try is a raised part called fender so you can relax your foot on that but its like a natural foot rest bigger cars may not have it as the wheels are placed too front.

Thank you rssh for your kind suggestion. but i have the second serivice in another 5 months(or 9000-10000 km), whichever is earlier.and the oil will be changes in second service (as per the service manual), so i have decided to drop the idea of getting the oil changed at present, since the car wont be going into the second service by completing the km mark, rather it will be the time period which will take the car to the service station.

do you agree with me on this, or you still insist that i shud go for oil change keeping in mind that car wont be covering a lot of distance in this period.

kindly do reply with your comments

regards

DnDS

thank you rssh.

can you guide ho to change the topic of this particular thread, as i am not able to find any linkto the same.

mods if you can change the topic to "After Purchase Queries", so that everyone can use this thread those who have bought new cars.

Regards

DnDs

hello friends, i just got my first service of my car and the car looks really awesome after the wax coat on it. i also got anti-rust underbody coat (protection in the rainy season). the service attendant was very supportive and understanding.

i also got engine lock fitted in the car, but a note of advice:

i want to share this with every one who has hyundai i10 (probably any of the hyundai products). When i was getting the kit fitted in the car, the person who was fitting the kit told me that there is is a connector under the stering wheel which is connected with the central locking and remote locking. he told me and showed me that the agency people takes out the connector and sell it to people like him in the outside market.

just to allaborate more on this, this connector is further connected with this kit (engine lock). so all the people who already owns an i10 or are planning to buy one should get it checked with there respective dealers.

i will post the pics soon, before dust settles on the surface once again.lolz.

regards

DnDs