vikas12

Verna or Fiesta

I am planning to buy a new car this month of budget Approx Rs 7,00,000 on road. my monthly run is 600km in city and 200km on highway. I have two options. Verna Petrol base model cost afetr discounts Rs 6,95,000. And Ford fiesta 1.6 Zxi Cost Rs- 6,65,000 after discounts on road. As i live in korba so Ford service centre would be 250kms from here. And for verna i can take service only 20km as showroom is there in city. But in fiesta i am getting ABS extra then verna base model at cheaper rate. please suggest for which car i should go for.mail id-   vikas1983@hotmail.com

Fiesta is known for its driver oriented dynamics. You will feel the sharp edges on the road at slow speeds in fiesta. But verna on the other hand has soft suspension which would cushion you well on potholed roads at slower speeds. But its heard its a little scary at highway speeds. 

Verna is only worth the money if one is going in for a Diesel model as the engine is way powerful. Yes, handling though isnt poor but its not better than Fiesta for sure, Verna petrol is sluggish for sure.

Between the two i would choose Fiesta 1.6 for its engine and drive dynamics. Service centre is also a issue with you but then Test Drive both cars and see, you will love fiesta better.

go with verna...... it is best car..... second u mention service center why to go 250 kms away when u have hyundai service @ 20 KMS.....

i personally can't recomend u fiesta ..no doubt it is price wise economical but driving to service station will prove a major setback.

hyundai verna petrol is  giving god milege also about 17 to 17.5 as per informatin by dealer,

drive verna it will give u soft gear shifting, comfort, economy & VFM in market.

I would suggest you go for none of them. Fiesta is a size smaller than other cars in the segment while verna has an unexciting drive which you would definitely not like. Als the interior are pretty much too simple for me. Have a look at SX4 and Linea. They are both spacious brilliant cars and at 7 lakhs you get all the fetaures plus ABS and Airbags

@ rahul .. yes u r right rahul.. but problem is location of delaer. for vikas dealership point & service station is much important than price.

what if he have to go 200 to 250 kms away for service of linea or fiesta

thats why i recommend him verna

what u say bro!!!!!!!

hyundai verna petrol is? giving god milege also about 17 to 17.5 as per informatin by dealer' date=' [/quote']

17 to 17.5 kmpl?? smiley3.gif If it were so then it wolud be the most fuel efficient petrol car around. No petrol sedan in this segment gives more than around 11 as per autocar tests.

Are you sure he wasnt talking about diesel version?

OT: How is your i20 going? Long time no info.

EDIT

@ rahul .. yes u r right rahul.. but problem is location of delaer. for vikas dealership point & service station is much important than price.

what if he have to go 200 to 250 kms away for service of linea or fiesta

thats why i recommend him verna

what u say bro!!!!!!!

Thats why i suggested him SX4 also.rahul18102009-04-30 12:33:03

i m sure and i saw feedback register of dealer to verify his comments .. majority  customers wrote their milegae from 15 to 17 + in petrol version.. dont drive rashely ur vehicle wil give

Diesel version is giving about 20kmpl..

rest my i20 magna.. i love this baby sedan... best on features & milegae plus driving comfort..... i love to drive it more & more but bhai petrol ka kharcha bhi nikalna hota hai so thoda sabar se kaam lena padta hai...smiley2.gif

nightmare of a car. I have a hyundai verna crdi bought in 2007 april.It has severe alignment and imbalance problems which are fac4ed by all other verna owners i know. Tmy car has had tire changed at 20,000km. Radiator changed at 25,000 km and oil cooler changed 3 times within 35,000 km. I have faced 4 breakdowns. I dont use it on highways now as it is too unreliable, i have spent over rs. 50,000 on oil and coolent replacements made due to repairs because of part failures. The dealer doesnt get the failed part for over a month. The car has spent over 4 months in the workshop in this period. I called company customer care over 20 times. Each time i was told some one would call me in 24 hrs but no one ever did. Emails sent to customer care of the company were never responded. This is the worst car and worst manufacturer i have come across.

I think You should go for the Maruti SX4 VXi. Though it doesnt have ABS, its a very good competent petrol sedan. The 1.6litre M series engine has a decent performance and the car has a good ride height comparable to SUV's. The driver's seating position is very good and commandable too!!!. The car has good handling and is stable in highways unlike the Verna which feels very light weight as well as scary too when driven at three digit speeds because Our family owns both, A Verna CRDi and SX4 VXi among other cars. And since its a Maruti Suzuki product you can never go wrong with SX4. Fuel efficiency is acceptable at 12km/pl in city and 14km/pl in highway( This is the figure which our car gives)smiley2.gif. Fuel Efficiency largely depends on driving style of the owner and other environmental factors.And never rely on ARAI and SIAM figures as they are misleading and tested under ideal road conditions...Because dealers generally quote these figures to woo buyers!!!!Go for SX4 VXi to prove that MEN ARE BACK!!!!!!! swiftvxi062009-05-23 07:57:24

Well don't go for Verna petrol because inspite of VVTi technology the max power is only 103bhp and has the lowest FE in the segment . Go for the Fiesta ZXI as now it offers more features as STD and is the second best petrol car in the segment after the madly priced Honda city. The build of the Firesta is much better in the segment and it is a drivers car you will enjoy it .

You may opt for a good MPV such as

M&M Xylo

img1.jpg

new-mahindra-xylo-5.jpg

Chevrolet Tavera (Petrol) - For smooth ride as diesel is not very smooth

chevrolet-tavera.jpg

tavera_neo1.jpg

Sumo Grande

tata_sumo_grande.jpg

Sumo%20Grande%20Interior.jpg

Even you may consider "OPTRA MAGNUM - Diesel" even petrol is good for decent driving. The advantage is you get big car, great interior, alloys wheels and very good looking overall vehicle.

chevy-optra-magnum-ext.jpg

http://www.chevroletoptramagnum.in/

well fiesta cud have been a great car ..but service centre is 250km away .... smiley28.gif ....now abt verna ....not the best option tha tu have but u can have it for good after sale service ...and also good spave and comfort ....

i wud suggest u to go for ....honda city ( older one , if u cud find one in good conditon ..in 7lac u can get as good as new )...it is definitely the best sedan since long time ...

or u can go for ..aveo ...( but again if u dont have ford dealership nearby then chances r that u the same cud be cheverolet also ..

at last i wud suggest u ..

1...go for as good as new honda city if u can get one ...

2...go for verna as u mentioned ..not as great as fiesta in performance..but will be a good value for money ...specially sx version ..

3...go for aveo....or sx4...