vikas12

Ikon or logan diesel

One of my friend is confused between Ford Ikon diesel and Logan Diesel. Please suggest. What is mileage and looks of both cars. What about service cost and duration for which we would have to visit service centre.

looks of ikon are far better than logan...both have frugal diesel engine which are very economical to run..logan is more spacious whereas ikon is pretty much fun to drive..i feel ikon as more VFM with tried n tested fiesta's duratorq engine..it works swiftly in ikon unlike fiesta..so i wud suggest u ikon if space is not a top priority..

I keep wondering what Logan you guys talk about' date=' if it's the Dacia Logan, I'd definately go for an Ikon.

But cars over there are pretty different to here!

[/quote']

Yes the logan is the equivalent to the Dacia logan there. Here its manufactured by the  Mahindra(Indian cmpny)-Renault joint venture.

Go for the Ford Ikon tdci. Its tremendous VFM along with 30% reduction in maintenance and spare parts. i own the ikon tdci and its a fabulous car with superb fuel efficiency of 17.5km/pl overall with a/c on.

If you really require to carry five or more persons most of the time, travel over really poor roads and carry lots of luggage  then go for the Logan. Otherwise the New Ford Ikon TDCI is better in looks, fun to drive with a proven, peppy,  frugal diesel engine that works well on highways as well as city.

I say go for the Ikon diesel!

The Dacia is an expensive car over there? Is it more expensive than an Ikon? I'd go for the Ikon then.

The Logan over here is a VERY base spec car, cheapest cars available. I'd definately get an Ikon then. TDCI engines are pretty good too.

Yes Flippy, Logan is not placed in the entry level bracket over here, Reanult+Mahindra thought of making huge profits on it but the car did not have the appeal/looks!

Also, Mahindra launched its own "sedan killer" - the Xylo, which completely fell on the Logan!smiley4.gif

Ford Ikon Diesel (Rs  5,19,000-Ex-Showroom Price-New Delhi)

MAhindra Renault Logan 1.5 DLE- Rs 5,88,266

Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.5 DLX  Rs 6,30,936

Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.5 DLS  Rs 6,76,419

Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.5 DLS ABS  Rs6,95,801

If ypu ask me Li would suggest Logan as Ikon does not possesses the power that it used to once upon a time. Logan is with the Renault engine is always ahead of Ikon.

I would prefer Logan to Ikon. I have traveled in both these cars and but only have driven Ikon. The driver dynmics for Ikon is nice. But the ride was way too bumpy in ikon where at the same time logan smothered all those bad roads well. I would prefer the base Dle variant that comes with p/steering and no p/Windws. And I would go for an after market p/window instead as the power window switches in logans are awkwardly placed(may be personal). It would be way cheaper too compared to the next higher model with these goodies. 

i differ from many of you who are suggesting the ikon purely on the basis of its engine! the logan's engine is great too. As a car, the logan is a much better one..the ikon evn though facelifted is a decade old and has one of the worst reputations in a used car market..but the logan is much more expensive..so it really boils down to how much one can afford.

I would suggest u go for the Logan. The Major reason being the Superb Engine,completely manufactured by Renault, Second, the space and comfort including head room! Also, the Trunk is one of the most spacious. The car is Highly Fuel Efficient even in worst conditions! It also has a solid suspension! Go for it!