nim12esh

MS Ritz (Splash) launch details leaked..!!!

MEHUL

U RIGHTLY SAID MARUTI IS A SMALL CAR CHAMPION ..BUT THIS IS THEIR PROBLEM ..M SEEING MARUTI MAKING SMALL CARS ONLY ( BOTH IN SPACE AND QUALITY )SINCE 25YEARS ....BUT WHEN THEY WILL GROW UP AND START MAKING BIG CAR ( BOTH IN SPACE AND QUALITY )...INFACT THEY R GOING BACKWARD INSTEAD OF MOVING AHEAD ..LIKE IN CASE OF A-STAR , ....

AND WHO IS ASKING FOR A 500L BOOT IN HATCH BUT DONT U THINK THAT A PERSON WHO IS PAYING 4-5LAC FOR HIS ONLY SINGLE CAR ...DESERVE FOR A PRACTICLE CAR ...WHICH HE CAN ALSO USE FOR SOME OUTSTATION TRIPS ...

IF I LOVE DRIVING AND NOW A DAYS HIGHWAYS R GETTING BETTER ...SO IF WANT TO GO OUT WITH MY FAMILY FOR A HOLYDAY THEN WHERE WILL I CARRY MY LAUGGAGE...IN RITZ AND A-STAR ...BOTH ABOVE 4LAC CARS ..

MAY BE MARUTI HAS A TIEUP WITH GM OR TOYOTA ...THAT MARUTI WILL MAKE CAR WITH LESS SPACE ..BUT MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL STILL BUY IT IN INDIA ...AND THUS FORCING PEOPLE TO HIRE TAVERA OR INNOVA FOR OUTSTAION TRIPS..IN RETURN MARUTI WILL BEG FOR DEISEL TECH FROM THESE COMPANIES ..

AND AS FAR AS RELIABILTY IS CONCERNED I NEVER SAID THAT MARUTI IS NOT RELIABLE ..BUT THEN WHICH OTHER CAR IS NOT RELIABLE ...DONT TELL ME MARUTI IS MOST RELIABLE CAR MAKER BEATING WORLD BIGGEST MANFACTURERS LIKE , TOYOTA ,GM ,FORD , VW , HYUNDAI , HONDA ....

hi all!

i recently baught i10 over swift, and just coudn't resist sharing my review on this topic as i was considering ritz as well but the only fact that i didn't go for ritz is that, maruti don't give a "QUALITY" product, and i didn't wanted to spend 4.15 lacks on a product that will give me rattles, etc after 3 years.

also firstly,maruti are in the market for 25 years now, hyundai for 10 years, still i feel hyundai is at par with MS as far A.S.S and availability of parts are concerned.

secondly, we all say and admit maruti spares are cheapest of all, well why won't they be, if they are using cheap material then obviously they will cost less at spares counter.

hi all!
i recently baught i10 over swift' date=' and just coudn't resist sharing my review on this topic as i was considering ritz as well but the only fact that i didn't go for ritz is that, maruti don't give a "QUALITY" product, and i didn't wanted to spend 4.15 lacks on a product that will give me rattles, etc after 3 years.

also firstly,maruti are in the market for 25 years now, hyundai for 10 years, still i feel hyundai is at par with MS as far A.S.S and availability of parts are concerned.
secondly, we all say and admit maruti spares are cheapest of all, well why won't they be, if they are using cheap material then obviously they will cost less at spares counter.

[/quote'] Exactly, the spares are cheap because they arent of that good quality and what MS did in 25years hyundai did realatively much better in just 10years, but then now i dont wanna get into this debate as there are already many threads dedicated to this one..

But i think that MS have improved their quality on Ritz but still cant say anything as this one is not launched yet and we have to give time after its launch to see whether its quality is good or again like every other maruti..But mods are saying that Plastic quality is better than any MS car, so may be build quality & Fit and finish is better too ..

And BTW, good choice made..
bluesapphire2009-05-12 07:39:12

mehul

i think u r here since a long time ....dont tell me that u dont know that maruti cars , specially small cars r smaller on passensenger as well as boot space ..

for e.g....

alto is smaller than santro and spark

wagon r and estilo r smaller than santro and i10 in passenger space ....ad to ritz it it now

swift is smaller than even indica ....no comparision to getz , i20

esteem was tight on space even when compared to hatches like palio , indica , and getz

dzire is less spacious than any other sedan ,

sx4 is bulky outside but definitely not as spacious as it looks ...infact less spacious than ...aveo , city , and verna .

grand vitara ...no one even talk about it ...as all knows maruti give same quality as in swift although price defferance in both cars is more than 10lac ...

and hope u will agree that maruti is selling 800 at a price around 2lac and more ....and tata gave much spacious nano with more features and better safety and styling at much less price ....

and shameless maruti is still not taking 800 away from market ...

now lets not make this topic ..to show ur love and my hatred towards maruti ....

and trust me the day maruti will come with genuinely good car i will myself sing praises of it ...but till then dont try hide to the weaknesses of the maruti cars ..

mehul

and shameless maruti is still not taking 800 away from market ...

Shameless you call them. Yeah, I  agree with you that they are shameless for continuing to sell the car that put the country on its wheels and still sells 50000 units a year (Chevy Spark sold 32000 units while even estilo sold more)  and that is still in its 25th year the ninth best selling car in the country, and 7th best selling hatchback in the country.

Wagon R is a bad car but still i dont know why most of the people except a few like you call it the most practical car to buy in that price range.  I think its because its not spacious.

And yes indica and getz are better car than swift thats why they sell more than swift, or do they?

I would love to own the more spacious indica bcos i like to visit the sowroom more often, make them friends while i am there for my service, so they can help me get some scoop on the next taxi on indian roads.

And what to say about Esteem, yes we had better sedans in the country at that time, what was the name, am sorry i am not able to get any(Atleast none before Accent which was pricier towards Baleno)

Yeah Dzire is less spacious but still I dont know why it sells so much, is it the VFM or the safety features, i mean we always have sedans which require cheaper maintenance and more fun to drive like indigo, logan, ikon etc.

SX4, yes its leg room(min64/ max87) is less than aveo(min63/ max850) and Verna(min 62.5/ max 83.5)

I think your post makes perfect sense as to why people shouldnt buy a maruti.

Also I dont think that you will sing praises for maruti cos You have turned a blind eye for them. Even before the ritz is launched you are saying that ritz is less spacious than i10. While the fact is that Ritz is more spacious than swift. Also another important fact is that though Swift is not as spacious as others in its class it is still more spacious and a segment higher than i10.

Regarding the boot of ritz, different sites are reporting different things. Like T-BHP is saying boot is 236 l while some are saying that boot is 178 l. So we have to wait until the launch to see it personally

sparsh please explain me what do you know about areo-dynamics without searching on google !!!!

I may not know a lot about Aerodynamics and stuff, but I do know that i10 is a more Aerodynamic car than the Ritz, iv'e read this somewhere, i don't remember. And please don't test my wisdom.

your wisdom can be tested only if you have wisdom.....both ritz and i10 are tall boy designs and therefore no can be said to be more aero-dynamic to each other...its strange people here are criticizing the ritz even before its launched...after reading through this thread it feels as if i10 has a sedan like space at the back but thats false cause its just a regular small car !!!!

rahul ...

where did u read me saying ...wagon r is a better car ..and dont tell me that it more spacious , better to drive , and better buid than i10 and santro...or even spark..

and abt 800 ..sir u have to look at a car beyond its manufacturers name ..it is the most unsafe car in india ...resulted in the death of thousands if not more.......and also not enviroment friendly ...as maruti itsefl had declared after nano launch that it will not sell 800 and omni ...in some metros ...

but u and maruti love it so much that u dont mind playing with peoples life and enviroment ...afterall money does matter in recession ...i understand..

and i hope u know why swift sell more then getz...

because..

1..its maruti ..i read somewhere common indian car buyer is a fool ...he knows nothing abt cars ..(..i know these r hard words ...also not mine ...but i do agreee with them )...so since our childhood we know one name ..maruti ...and people go for it ..

2..already majority of car buyers own maruti ..hence when its time to upgrade they go to maruti first..and u know maruti people ..they will even make u a hostage to sell their car ( i appreciate this atleast they r good in selling if not making great cars)

3..mostimportantly..65% of swift and dzire seles r of deisel varient ...so credit directly go to fiat ..

if fiat had not given maruti its mjd then swift and dzire sales wud have been less than half ...

4..esteem ...lets not discuss abt it ..my grandma says ..we should not critize..who r dead ..

5..abt dzire ..u can call it a sedan but i wud call it ..SEDAN..MY FOOT!...UGLY , BUILD LIKE TOY, SPACE OF A HATCH , ...

6..and sx4 ..what is it man ... a crossover , a sedan or what ...atleast give it some beauty of a sedan ..moreover ..its least fuel efficient ..not great build , limited rear view, and that ugly back ..no connection with front ..

and now m fadup with writting abt maruti and its weaknesses ....i know its what u love and same i hate

your wisdom can be tested only if you have wisdom.....both ritz and i10 are tall boy designs and therefore no can be said to be more aero-dynamic to each other...its strange people here are criticizing the ritz even before its launched...after reading through this thread it feels as if i10 has a sedan like space at the back but thats false cause its just a regular small car !!!!
Well i10 is not a tall boy design but Ritz is...But then let the car come tomorrow and we shall discuss more about that and also m waiting for comparo between the 2...Now the most important aspect is pricing of ritz which shall be disclosed tomorrow..

And again any car good or bad, please dont compare with its sales because in country like india you cant really judge the product on sales, if this is so than even Tatas are good at sales but why you only criticize them...In india, many people while buying the car pay only attention to the name Maruti and dont even look to other companies or many are ignorant and not even bother to look at other cars and thats the reason crap WagonR is selling like anything, and thats only to small car, big marutis sells or fails on their own like SX4 sold only because it has many luxurious features and baleno failed because it was not worth even 5lacs but when launched was close to 9lacs and same is the cae with aVitara.....So may be marutis are good to some or not but please dont judge the product on sales basis...

I am not judging the product on sales basis nor am i any blind maruti lover. I just keep an open eye. I like hyundai also very much and i myself have commented that i20 is better than swift in the i20 vs swift thread.

The fact here is that whenever MS cars have been launched they have created new standards overall( not with a-star) atleast at the time of launch. Wagon r didi it with space, swift created a whole new segment(actually getz did but its impact was not felt) cos before swifts arrival a car above 4 lacs meant that it has to be esteem or an ikon but swift changed the thinking. When SX4 came it set new standards like for the first time it provided dual airbags and ABS in the segment. Same stand with swift cos it was the first model to feature safety equipment in a hatchback, ABS which was present only in cars above 10 lacs was now available in a 5 lac car. Wagon r top model comes with safety equipments and so does a-star. This proves that its maruti which has set the safety standards in the budget car segment. And people blindly say that 800 is unsafe, then why has it been used in most driving schools?

Also suzuki got the diesel engine because fiat had no choice. GM had 10% share in Suzuki when GM and Fiat formed their joint venture to manufacture engines. Suzuki had invested in it bcos GM had made them to, otherwise Suzuki famously had no interest in diesel technology cos even with petrol they were running some of the most fuel efficient cars across the world. But when the venture failed as a part of the agreement suzuki got the 1.3 MJd and the license to modify it but not to name it, while it got manufacture only license for 1.6 and 1.9 diesels. Suzuki has modified the diesels and that is why it is the better one to drive than Vista MJd or Palio MJd.

Also regarding environment maruti was the first car to launch CNG and LPG variants of its cars and the new K series engines are supposed to be one the lowest emission cars in UK. We swear by the kappa engine but in UK 1.2 engine didnt get the small engine rebate because it didnt clear the emission norm for the small engine.

Swift was setting the sales chart on fire even before diesel engine and that was because of the peppy 1.3 G series engine.

Regarding SX4, looks are a personal matter. At first i also didnt like the sx4 truthfully, saying that a sedan should look elegant, but slowly my perception changed and i was ok with it, i still dont like the design if you may know but still this suv look is its USP, it provides a comanding view of the road ahead, glides over potholes and has no problem handling some of the worst indian roads ever. Regarding the mileage Verna is less than SX4 while fiesta runs 200 metres more than SX4 in a litre. Also lets not forget that it was quicker than the City ZX when it was launched.

The end point is that for me A.S.S is more important to quality(the only thin in which MS lacks, but is improving, accd to this report) cos i dont want to have superb quality and miserable service. Ask skoda( Obsessed with quality since 1876) owners if good quality assure no need of good service. If you dont know about skoda's A.S.S you better visit Team-BHP some day. Also ask any maruti owner how many times he has to visit the showroom and you will get the answer.

Also how can you even say Maruti makes you hostage to their brand? If satisfying with there service so much that you want to stick with the company is making you a hostage then maruti can be blamed, but i will say one thing that will surprise you, it wasnt able to stop me from replacing my maruti with a toyota.

Also what i dont understand is why only MS is critcised, others like tata and mahindra are spared. When the only reason to buy xylo over innova is price we love it but when the same stands for SX4 and city we hate sx4. Dont tell me quality of xylo is good cos its anything but. Is it just the jealousy of the one at the top?

The end is that its very easy to find flaws when you are not ready to look into the whole picture.

PS- I know whatever I may say you are still going to hate maruti, so there is no point in wasting both yours and mine time. So lets end this discussion here itself. Expect this to be my last reply in 'I hate maruti" topicrahul18102009-05-14 06:53:38

hey rishi del, stop insulting suzuki which is one of the world's best small, efficient car manufacturer. ya i agree maruti 800 is old school, unsafe ,but look at the price band it is selling. and reagarding your views, GM is already bankrupt ....what do you expect from chevy , now that their sales are at all time low !! And there's more to come... more than 300 dealerships are to be closed down by end 2009... even in india, Gm cars are slowest selling cars in their segments (per year 25% sales falling) because of our great RECESSION and GM's untuned locos .Captiva and optra Magnum TCDI, however are up to mark ....but they are over priced .smiley21.gif

Now what would a common man choose ??

an affordable maruti or an unenthusiastic chevy ??

so you tell me , you look like a bright fellow which one would you choose ??

"The end is that its very easy to find flaws when you are not ready to look into the whole picture."

smiley2.gif

well said Rahul 1810 ....

cheers to your views and mine !!

8smiley1.gifsmiley4.gif's gonna last 8smiley36.gifsmiley16.gif years more ...smiley20.gif
swiftvxi062009-05-14 07:32:45

I would like to second rahul.

And regarding the eco-friendliness, the least polluting regular 5 door car with an ordinary petrol engine (not hybrid) is not a honda, not a toyota, and not even a hyundai. It is a suzuki. Our suzuki A-Star!!

we can fill 100 pages if we keep on discussing maruti's usp and weakness ....

so lets not spoil this thread abt ritz ....

at last i want maruti to give a flawless car like i10 ..which has ...good space ( both passenger and boot ), good looks ( not accidental back of ritz or owl like eyes of astar ...), ...improve quality atleast upto the standard of hyundai ..if not honda or toyota ..

now frnds please get back to ritz plz ....

we can fill 100 pages if we keep on discussing maruti's usp and weakness ....

so lets not spoil this thread abt ritz ....

at last i want maruti to give a flawless car like i10 ..which has ...good space ( both passenger and boot )' date=' good looks ( not accidental back of ritz or owl like eyes of astar ...), ...improve quality atleast upto the standard of hyundai ..if not honda or toyota ..

now frnds please get back to ritz plz ....[/quote']

There you go again. Now why on earth you wanna flame anti- maruti comments again! Please mind your tone. You have rights to give your views, but not acceptable in your tone. If you dont like a product don buy it simple. why crib so much???

yeah rishi-del is cribbing as if maruti has conned out of him a significant sum of money....if you dont like maruti cars than you can just express your views but here you are trying to impose your views on others !!!!

LXi: 3,90,000 LDi(diesel): 4,65,000

VXi: 4,20,000 VDi(diesel): 4,99,000

ZXi: 4,80,000

wow what excellent pricing of ritz....now the people who were criticizing the ritz please put forth your views cause at the price its been launched it will be an unbeatable package...well done maruti !!!!!

Can anybody tell me whats the difference in features of Ritz Zxi and i10 Asta, as the pricing seems to be almost in the same league...

And also previously i had heard that there will be Zdi version of Ritz, but seems its not there..
bluesapphire2009-05-15 09:28:56

Well i am talking about features of variants and not car as a whole..

And regarding quality, may be ritz's improved one(though am not sure) but have a feeling that it cant beat Hyundai i10 in 'Q' factor, cant even come close...