sanjitbose

Wagon R or i10 or Indica Vista

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new small car/hatchback in the range of  3.75 - 4.5 Lakhs.

I am presently having a matiz of 2001 where I am facing maintenance problems every week.

My needs:

City Driving - Kolkata

Daily travel of around 40kms

AC will be on during driving almost always, so performance & mileage has to take AC into consideration.

Fuel economy important

I have shortlisted wagon R, i10 or vista. Not specific models though.

Any other car if you feel is a better option.

Please provide your opinions

thanks
Sanjit..

u should have no confusion in choosing i10 kappa ...got every thing u want and is the best hatch in the market ....vista deisel u dont require because of low usage ...and also not as good as i10 in quality and service ..abt wagon r ..forget it man ...we r in 21st century .

i10 is a very good option. Kappa engine is a new gen engine, with decent mileage too. IF mileage is too important or you go or the 1.1lit engine.

Also consider A-star, since Mileage is your top priority. It has similar interior space when compared to i10. Also, better Front seat comort (since seats have lots oF travel). Boot space will be limited though. Ride comFort and handling are better than i10.

Also, don't take Wagon R or Zen Estilo lightly. Since lots oF discount are available, they will be cheaper by 50k to 75k, than similarly specced variant oF i10 or A-star
carispassion2009-05-03 07:05:13

Well the Ritz is a more practical alternative to the swift it is more expensive than swift in UK but may be cheaper here and does not come under his budget .Forget it go for the i10 and go for the Magna varient which is the base of Kappa engine it come in your budget easily.

Vista is a Good option if you are looking for big internal space and Airy cabin with big windows. The vista also has very nice interiors with newly desiged unique Center concole, big wheels, aggrassive exterior design etc...

And if you get serious about Vista just make sure to go for Fiat's Petrol / Diesel Engines options and not with the Tata's engines. As Vista feels great with both Fiat's engines (Petrol / Diesel)

If you want a vehicle with great looking interiors, good performance and quality, there is no match to i10 Kappa.

I have also heard that recently Hyundai have reduced the price of "GETZ", compared to Vista and Wagon R, Getz is very good option. But i10 is pricy.

Even you can consider base version of Chevrolet UV-A.

Best of Luck for new vehicle.

Keeping in mid your requirements, i suggest WagonR. It is one of the best hatchback even for long driving. Another advantage of going for Maruti brand is that its service stations are available almost in every nook and corner. Compared to the Tata, even the car components are cheaper.

Your need of 1200 km a month demands a diesel. Actually its a flip between petrol and deisel but I feel you should go for diesel as you will break even in 2-3 years. I would suggest vista Qjet or soon to be launched ritz diesel