riz123

Ford Fiesta 1.6S or SXI?

I recently had a look at Ford Fiesta (petrol) at the showroom. I am a little confused over 1.6S and SXI version. I am yet to TD either of the models.

Essentially, the differences seem to be in the interiors. Apart from this, 1.6 S comes with alloys as standard. Keeping these differences apart, I have heard that 1.6S has a firmer suspension than the other variants and that the engine in 1.6S has been revamped.

I would like to know pros/cons of having a firmer suspension. Appreciate your inputs in helping me choose the best one. My usage would be around 1000km/month, mostly in the city.

Thanks.

How much is the price difference? If you love to drive and love to drive hard, then 1.6 S is the car for you. In addition to the alloys, the alloys and tyres are 15" in size, the tyres are wider and as you said the suspension is firmer to improve the handling of the car. It also comes with a spoiler on the boot and I think side skirts. The Blue 1.6S is a real looker.

With a firmer suspension and the low profile tyres, the ride quality will not be smooth when compared to the SXI. Take a test drive of both and then decide.

Well S stands for sporty and the suspension is tuned for good handling .Thw Sxi is more of normal road car with soft suspension and one may not get that good handling but the bumps are better absorbed. The S version has 15' alloy wheels and a body kit which makes it look sexy and the interiors are given more of sporty look than luxurious look. If you love to drive then the S is the one to go for but if you have really bad roads then the Sxi makes more sense .TD both back to back on same route and you may like the S more .

Also their is just suspension tuning change but no engine revamp.

if you are a working executive then you must go for SXI. SXI has sober and evergreen looks. aftersometime you will get bored of S model. SXI has additional glamorous features like indicators on the ORVMs, leathe vinyl seats and biege color interiors perfectly matching color contrast. 

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs. I have TD the car recently and am in love with it. I have decided to go with 1.6 SXI. Handling was excellent. Turning and cornering was almost effortless even for a newbie driver like me.

I chose SXI as it provides more interior comfort as compared to 1.6 S: Light colors inside, leather seats, center armrest, rear seat adjustable headrest, and folding rear seats. With rear seats folded, you could even fit a bicycle in the boot.

I opted for alloys, spoiler and parking sensors as accessories.

Thanks again for your help :)

Well thats great a good buy even I would have done this because I didn't like the S versions interiors as all black dosn't looks great at all times .Also the colour of beige in the SXi varient looks great.