Hello Guys,

I currently own a Scorpio SLX and a Verna Diesel SX (Non ABS :(). I would like to get both the cars fitted with Alloy Wheels. Can You Guys gimme Some Suggestions? My Verna is using the stock tubeless tyre's and I also need to upgrade the tyre's of my Scorpio. I want the alloys to look shexy but the tyre's for Scorpio should not really hit the FE a lot, coz I use the Scorpio a lot.

My budget for alloys for Verna and Scorpio is around 15-20k(Set of 4) each, I have no idea's about how much the Scorpio tyre's will cost, so please suggest appopriately. I am also attaching a pic of my Verna and Scorpio for your help

Thanks! :)

P.S. - I hope I can get 4 alloy wheels instead of 5 easily. Right? Is the same possible with Tyre's?

P.P.S. - Hyundai Verna Diesel is one fantastic car. The performance of the car is o_0 and here in Salt Lake, Kolkata I myself love to drive the car around 80KM/hr speed. Its nothing short of total bliss :)

3501253878_6c2404a055.jpgv=0

3501255534_8de9015c75_b.jpg

Hi Rajesh, good cars there!

You can get very good alloy wheels nowdays in India & try scouting for local brands, they come with warranty & local service. Aura, Apollo, etc. could be tried.

If FE is on your mind, stick to O.E. size, alloys would make O.E size appear good.

In case you want to improve handling of your Verna & give it better grip as it lacks ABS, you could upsize its tyres to +1 size.

Yes, you can get 4 tyres/alloys.

Well you can try the new appollo series of alloys for the scorpio and yes you can get 4 alloys and tyres . Go for aura or neo with Verna as they have many options for Verna rim sizes.

Hey man where do u stay in kolkata?? i stay in salt lake bd block.. nice to hear that u have joined this forum. ..

WTF! I live in AD Block dude! PM me your number, lets meet :D

@Others - Well Can You Guys Be More Specific in which kinda Alloys should I use for my Verna? I mean why ain't foreign company alloys preferred? They have any problem? Also Mention The size of the alloys for Verna, I dont mind if I go in for a bigger Alloy size IF it does not hit my FE too much

Foreign Brands Seldom come with Warranty. So its better to stick with Indian Brands since they provide Warranty And Peace of Mind.

You can buy 4 alloy wheels and tyres, not necassarily a set of 5. On an average 14" alloy wheels for a set of 4 should cost you around 16k. If you want Indian brands, you will get very limited choice. There are brands like Aura, Neo, Apollo. Imported one's there are quite a few like HR, Plati, BSA, Lenso. Even BBS & OZ are available but they are quite expensive.

I think the Verna would come with 175/65 r14 OE tyres, if that is the case I think 14" x 6j rims would be ideal.

I suggest you take a look at the imported and Indian rims, the designs available and then decide. Personally I would go for foreign brands, I have imported rims on two of my cars and have no issues at all.

@ Sudeep: Yes, I would get warranty with an Indian brand but I would be in a much better frame of mind everyday if my car looked much better with great looking imported rims!

I Won't be changing the stock tyre's of my Verna.

If you'd be nice enough to mention the stock tyre size please. Your car manual should list the Rim size that it uses - try checking there.

Also can you guys tell me why I should not go for foreign Alloy Brands?

Lack of warranty. Trouble sourcing replacements if you damage one or more rims. If you're lucky - you'll get the same design. If you're not - you might end up hunting for days or might have to change the entire set.

So even if you find an imported alloy wheel design really appealing - suppress the urge and buy a brand that has local support.

I think the Verna would come with 175/65 r14 OE tyres' date=' if that is the case I think 14" x 6j rims would be ideal.[/quote']

Indigo too comes with 175/65R14 OE Tyres but the Rim Size is 5.5J. So I guess Verna Rims are also 5.5J and not 6J.

I have imported rims on two of my cars and have no issues at all.

@ Sudeep: Yes' date=' I would get warranty with an Indian brand but I would be in a much better frame of mind everyday if my car looked much better with great looking imported rims![/quote']

Lack of warranty. Trouble sourcing replacements if you damage one or

more rims. If you're lucky - you'll get the same design. If you're not

- you might end up hunting for days or might have to change the entire

set.

So even if you find an imported alloy wheel design really appealing - suppress the urge and buy a brand that has local support

Hope Subzero (5u3zEr0), Dtandon made my point More Clear.

It like a brand just like Aura and NEO .Remember tyre brand don't know about the site but I can describe an alloys for Verna

It should have a minimum of 5 spoke and maximum of 8 (more spokes means more time for cleaning) also try out the machined look types one .Avoid chrome as they look cheap in the day just as they look luxurious at night .Don

t go for too imaginated ones also remember bold is beautiful in alloy wheel

Alloys don't break easily if they are genuine

ADV

lighter

Good looks

Better grip as it is strong and doesn't bend easily

Dis

If driving at really very bad terrain then it can crack and one cannot repair it .

The adv are good enough to overcome the dis

The design H41460 HS (aura)looks great and you can see the inner of the wheels easily you can have this in different finish

Machined

Chrome

Bronze

Gold

etc.

I think I need 5.5*14" Alloys as the newer Verna's come fitted with the same

Wheel sizes are measured in inches so 6J x 14 is 150mm wide x 350mm in

diametre. So if the tyre width is 175mm, then after reducing a few mm

of tyre which comes out of the rim, we will have around 155mm, which

is ideal for a 150mm wide wheel or 6J x 14. That is why I suggested 6"

wide wheels but this 175mm tyre can also be fit on a 5" wide rim and

upto a 6.5"wide rim. OE tyres and wheels are generally just standard

options and it is better to upgrade/improve.

Alloy wheels will not break easily if they are used normally but they

may bend on our potlholed roads if you are not careful. Here is the

Apollo wheels website and they have some good looking wheels:

http://www.apollotyres.com/acelere