scorpionich

CD player for New Honda City

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the new Honda City Automatic car, since it does not come fitted with a CD player the option is to buy one from the company which is Honda CD player for 13.5K which i beleive is a rip off for a single CD player.

On enquiring from the market i found that no other CD player would fit into the slot that has been provided so the only option is to fix the company one.

Would appreciate if anyone has additional information if any other company CD player could fit int the new Honda City.

Regards.......Sanjay

Well I don't think that the market has cd player for the city . Its such a pathetic situation to put a cd player on a car worth 10.5lakhs .

I don't think you will get CD player so put the OE one and stick to it as it will void the warrenty.

What an irony: I have an 8CD changer in the boot and 1CD player in dash; but want an aux slot for the ipod; whereas you want a CD player in a car that's equipped with an ipod ready system; basically I feel the CD player is redundant in this age of mp3 player's, an 80GB iPod classic is all that you need: with space for some 20k songs and endless playlists, you can take a world tour with the ipod.

@scorpionich - I would suggest that you rip your audio cd collection to high bitrate MP3's and use the current HU till your car is under warranty.

Once the warranty expires, you will have more options (because you can then rip out the existing HU and replace the harness with one that will fit a different HU).

If you must have a CD HU now, you'd have to look at buying the Honda supplied HU (or adding a HU at a place other than the stock HU location - so it will be removable and will not affect the warranty)

@DD - whats your current HU? A reasonably good HU with Ipod support can be had for close to 5-6K. You could trade in the existing one.

@DD...well going by the way technology is progressing it does seem CD player is redundant so would look at the option of getting an Ipod and installing it in the car, would be cheaper and more efficient then getting an expensive Honda CD player

@dtandon: My HU is an old CD<no mp3>/Radio/Cassette 2 DIN affair that came with the car; it does it's job well/good sound reproduction. It came standard fitment with the Elantra GLS.

@scorpionich: Yes, go for the iPod 80GB classic which cost's some Rs.10k. If you go lesser capacity one they are going to be cheaper. It holds lots of songs and with very good clarity, much better than searching for your fav CD especially while driving much easier said than done and very frustrating. Transfer all your CD's to iTunes and your ready to rock.

Instead of going for ipod classic, if you are going to use it in your car only, just buy a pocket hard disk, a much cheaper solution. 160 gb costed me 3200 rs though i dont use it for stereo just data. For car an 8 gb sandisk pen drive serves me fine

Instead of going for ipod classic' date=' if you are going to use it in your car only, just buy a pocket hard disk, a much cheaper solution.[/quote']

Hard Disk is not suitable to use in the car. In Car, Given our Potholed Road Conditions, a HDD is more likely to get shocks and vibrations which will force it to skip the some bits of a song and also reduce its (HDD) life in long run.

So its better to Leave HDD in Desktops and Laptops Only.

Its Good Idea to buy an Ipod as suggested by Raviji instead of HDD (Even if its External).

@ DTandon

I guess Honda has provided a separate slot to fit an aftermarket CD Player.

Will have to check in ACI Roadtest (the pic of Dashboard must be there).

well wait for sometime a cd player will soon be made to fit in the anhc...but i think usb is a more convenient option than a cd...a cd can max have 250 songs while a usb drive can have atleast 600-700 songs !!!!