tthadika

Ford Fiesta or New Honda City

I have been contemplating a new second car. I need it for my daily use where I cover around 60 odd kms. Since my first car is a Santro (which my wife uses and will continue to use) I want to buy a sedan. I have been going through various forums and discussions and had narrowed it down to the new Honda City or the Ford Fiesta Diesel but the recent price hike on the City and the ever persisting servcie issues with Ford have stalled my decision.My criteria for the new car are as follows and in that order:

1. Fuel Efficiency

2. Reliability

3. Driver Friendly

4. Low Maintenance

5. Good After Sales Service

My budget can be stretched to about 9 lakhs+. I live in Pune and so if you can provide me with some information about the dealers and servcie centres in Pune - that would be helpful too.

Well the overall best car in this segment is the Linea and since Fiat has its factory near Pune so I think Spares can be available easily but if you have settled down for good Fe then Fiesta is the one compared to the H city .

You can get good deals on the Fiesta due the increased competiton from the Linea but have a look at the Linea too ( Linea has more power than Fiesta)

The other diesel is the Verna but I don';t recommand it .

I did consider Linea as well but am not sure about how it would perform in the long run as it has been introdiced recently. Also I am told that the spares for Linea are quite expensive even as compared to Ford. What about its FE (diesel)?

Well I don't think that the spares are expensive take a look at the welcome linea thread from the starting it has some spare part comparison with other car in the same segment.

Sx4

Verna

Linea

Fiesta

city

this is the ascending order of spare price parts overall.

If you dont mind the airbags or rather the lack of it Verna diesel fits your bill better than any of these two cars. It is fuel efficient, powerful, reliable, cheap to maintain and good A.S.S also seeing its a hyundai. 1.6 crdi is a wonderful engine. For just over 9 lakhs you can also get an automatic variant

I wont recommend you to go for ANHC since however fuel efficient it may be 1800 km a month still requires a diesel. So go for fiesta diesel if you dont like the verna

no comparison between two......

royality does matter.....

honda city only petrol.

advantages:

high on image, high resale, high comfort, more on space, looks hot, identifiable, features more in new one.

disadvantages:

only cost & no diesel model.

FORD Fiesta

plus:

diesel version

high avg (FE)

VFM

Minus:

SPACE

No New feature

reducing Resale cost

no product modification

old look

only if some one can be compared with honda city new then that will Magnum, SX4, LineaFIAT & verna in few aspects.

try once fiat linea or Magnum then decide what u need

no comparison between two......

royality does matter.....

honda city only petrol.

advantages:

high on image' date=' high resale, high comfort, more on space, looks hot, identifiable, features more in new one.

disadvantages:

only cost & no diesel model.

FORD Fiesta

plus:

diesel version

high avg (FE)

VFM

Minus:

SPACE

No New feature

reducing Resale cost

no product modification

old look

only if some one can be compared with honda city new then that will Magnum, SX4, LineaFIAT & verna in few aspects.

try once fiat linea or Magnum then decide what u need
[/quote']

i dont think people will fall for honda anymore

i have a city zx and i am not hapy abt its resale value its 3 years this may end and has 31000 on odo how much do u think it should sell for then we can talk about resale value of city.

I own a Fiat Linea Petrol.Yesterday, I made a highway trip from Delhi to Karnal and way back. I got an overall Fuel Efficiency of 16.2 kmpl for the whole trip of 265 kms at an average speed of about 80 kmph.

See this image to believe:

dsc00129qli.jpg

I did consider Linea as well but am not sure about how it would perform in the long run as it has been introdiced recently. Also I am told that the spares for Linea are quite expensive even as compared to Ford. What about its FE (diesel)?

Dude u seriously need to check out the spare part costs of  Honda and Fiesta . They are way above Linea .

For an example

Ford Fiesta Fuel pump costs 71k

Fiat Linea Fuel pump costs 7k

Go for diesel linea. It suits your requirements the most, also your use demands a dieselso go for the diesel variant which has more mileage and also more grunt than the petrol one.

If it still doesnt suit you then go for Verna diesel if you can live without airbags else go for Fiesta.

My choice

1. Fiat Linea MJD

2.Hyundai Verna CRDi

3 Ford Fiesta TDCi