krace

Skoda VRs 2004 Model at 2.5 Lakhs

Hi Friends,

Today morning when my friend said that his Skoda VRs is up for sale at 2.5 lakhs, I just flew in air for few  seconds.. Most of the friends here might know that I'm struggling to sell off my XETA and get a good sedan. Now I guess you might imagine how i would have felt when I heard about this Skoda. Actually the thing is, This Skoda is a 2004 Model with 40000 Kms in its odo and no airbags. smiley11.gifsmiley11.gif .. Confused?? Yes, it has no air bags. It has met with an accident and has been brought back to shape at a cost of Rs96000 (Friend has shown the bill from Skoda dealer here). But as the air bags for inflated, they need replacement. But thereplacement costed about 2.6 lakhs. Hence it was ignored. Now friends, tell me whether it is wise to buy this Skoda and put the airbags later.. For your information, I'm seeing this Skoda for the past two years as it is with my friend. The accident is also not a major one. But the impact was enough to inflate the airbags.. Though I'm inclained towards buying this big tank, I alsoo have some amount of reluctance to stay away from this car. Please pour in your suggestions.. The question is, Shall I go for this car and put the air bags later on, or jus remain silent and save for a sedan in future.

@ CYRUS43 Ji,

Thanks for the quick response... Actually I didnt visited the forum for quite some time because of work. A lot of interesting things happened which I would share in coming days..

Can you specify what repairs were carried out? Need to see if the repairs were structural in nature.

If yes avoid it, if no you can consider it, air bags? depends how to perceive safety.

Skoda vRS for 2.5 L and accident history;avoid it like plague. For all you know it may be nothing but junk. Airbag's deployed, must be a major shunt, and 96k look's like a very reasonable amount for bringing back a Skoda into shape.

stay away!! if you can save another 1.5 lakhs, i suggest you either buy a used baleno or an accent viva, which will be quite decent to drive and less unpredictable! or else pls wait, save some money and buy one of those fun to drive hatches like the punto petrol or something similar..

it doesnt make a difference if you buy a used skoda from a friend..once you buy it, you can never go back to him if you come across any issues..that doesnt work..

well thats a steal really....just check the car carefully and go for it...skoda has such expensive spare parts and the bill was for 96 k which shows that the car didnt suffered a major damage !!!!