CYRUS43

Queer Van caught testing. (possibly Tata Ace 1ton)

Wierd! I've seen a couple of tata ace vans in Bangalore (they had yellow plates and not the red test plates) that were ferrying passengers. So I assumed that a van variant was already available.

Doesn't premier automobiles have some similar offerings ?

Yes Speed, I second you.

The Metal Body seen from Rear looks like an ACE rather than a MAGIC. But in 3rd pic it is seen that there are two windows behind the Driver's Window.

This must be upgraded version (May be AC Equipped) of MAGIC since Soft-Top Variant does not have one (I guess).

sudeepd2009-05-08 15:07:07

Was that van really going at 80kph?
Why would they cover this. Which trucker is going to worry about facelifts' date=' etc..[/quote']

Bas kya ......Apni Gaadi to Gaadi.. uski Haath Gaadi???

With young Entreprenuers getting in every stream of Business it woudl not be a surpirse that there must be a demnd toi see a nice sleek fleet of trucks that a young truck Co owner wants...

It would be cool to see facelifts in trucks too..

This seems to have metal body allover' date=' a closed version of the Ace! Something like the Omni!

I guess Magic has softtop at the rear.
[/quote'] Wow! man you got it spot on dude tata was going to launch a Omini challenger version of Ace but with a larger engine targetted for families .smiley1.gif

Tata is finally going to launch a compititor to the Omni' date=' based on Ace/magic platform soon.

A small diesel van would make good transport solution for many.
[/quote']

There was a news some time back that Maruti is going to phase out Omni due to the new emission norms. And also MSIL is going to bring in O2 which is sold as APV in other Asian markets like Indonesia and as a goods van in Australia. The O2 will be priced above 5Lakhs.

Tata will be able to fill the gap between the dying Omni and costlier O2. Will there be any chance for the Fiat's 1.1 Litre FIRE engine  to sit under the seats of the new vehicle?

Actually such old models should have been axed decades ago, but the presence of Autos/tempos/bullock carts/etc on the same streets do not really warrant the withdrawl of cash cows like Omni/800.

Omni will continue to sell in tier 2/3 Cities/rural areas & if Maruti upgrades them to meet the coming emission norms, I still see a market for them in big Cities too.

Regarding the Fiat's fire engine, well atleast I don't see Fiat's petrol motors going under others hoods!