Sign in to follow this  
abadabajaba

Help in modification

Hey guys ... i am new to modification and stuff...bt doesnt mean  m a bad driver ...know very well how 2 rip my accord. . Heesmiley36.gif...neways .. accord is nt somethin i can modify...i wnna modify my swift.. its diesel ..VDi ..

i cannot make a heavy investment at one shot ..so i want to upgrade my car slowly ..part by part...so i can even get to know my cars looks better ..and wad wld look better ...can u guys help me wid wat part i shld get 1st ..nd wad wld it cost ?? ..nd my 1st preferece is to looks and audio system ..rather than performance ..

thnx alot

Well for the looks parts you first go in for delicious alloys and fit 195/65 R14 tyres to it this gives dual things adds to the looks and gives better performance . Well you could have gone for the audio system found in the Zxi varient which is good enough and if sound aint loud then put better speakers and amplifier the use of OE music system will make dash look good . Then you could go in for Leather seats  which improve comfort some dealers do really well in this ask the Sai Service people for this .Then if you want more then go for Pete's tuning box.

hey thnx 4 dat ..wel i alrdy got leather seats..bage color ..speakers too got jbl ..bt want somethin way powerful ..and somethin reali kool lookin ..if u help me wid some links online to search 4 some good ones ..nd yea ..i definitely am gonna 1stly change alloys and mayb spoiler nd tinted glasses

Well for the looks parts you first go in for delicious alloys and fit 195/65 R14 tyres to it this gives dual things adds to the looks and gives better performance . Well you could have gone for the audio system found in the Zxi varient which is good enough and if sound aint loud then put better speakers and amplifier the use of OE music system will make dash look good . Then you could go in for Leather seats  which improve comfort some dealers do really well in this ask the Sai Service people for this .Then if you want more then go for Pete's tuning box.

14" wheels are tiny, I'd go for something sporty looking like 16" on a Swift..

When I get the money my Fiesta is gonna be on 17"

Why dont you go in for a nice Pete's Remap instead of going in for all show and no go. Then you could add a nice Green Cotton/K&N/Pipercross Airfilter and maybe a nice Endcan to top it all up.

Hey, Get the latest Apollo alloys ranges. . I just checked them out at Ambience Mall as a promotional venture. The Apollo platinum alloys are absolutely marvellous and look exactly like a Concept car alloys. I don't know anything about the price though.

@abadabajaba - Hi. A car which looks fast is fantastic if it actually is fast. All show no go is not happening. Its better you upgrade your performance in parallel with looks. You can start with an aftermarket performance ECU( the likes of Race Dynamics ) and a performance air filter. You have a complete package at Race Dynamics for the Swift diesel including ECUs, Exhausts, Air filters, Suspension all form HKS( apart from the ECU ). Visit this link for more details http://www.racedynamics.in/.

I have always found that larger dia wheels on the swift don't look all that good IMO that is to do with the minimal overhangs at front and rear and the smaller glass area when viewed from full side profile.

I think with a alloy at 13 Inches and wider tires the car's stance looks very good especially when the alloys have a extended rim on the outside.

Are you guys even talking about the same Swift as I imagine? I just keep getting shocked by the tuning style over there. 13" wheels?? You have to be joking, over here you'll have to search to find a car coming with standard wheels smaller dan 15".

So I agree on first making the car a bit faster and then worry about the looks.

And if you drive "rash", I'd suggest learning to drive and calming down first.

Hi people , I have a Swift VDi and I'm not happy with the performance. I want upgrade the performance but don't know where to start. Can anyone help me with this please. Thanks in advancesmiley1.gif

Post Moved
CYRUS432009-05-15 08:02:52

Are you guys even talking about the same Swift as I imagine? I just keep getting shocked by the tuning style over there. 13" wheels?? You have to be joking' date=' over here you'll have to search to find a car coming with standard wheels smaller dan 15". [/quote']

No! No! don't get shocked. The road conditions in India are not like that in the west, in all parts. Though road condiitons have improved and you will find as good roads here, there are innumerable areas were roads are also most non existient, in such conditions we require higher aspect tires and there fore small rim dias. The higher aspect ratio is to protect the rim and provide a comfortable cushion. The aspect ratio you will see here is anywhere between 55 to 80 on most vehicles.

Well the swifts OE rim size is 14'' so don't think below it. 

@flipside if you havn't updated tyre to 185/65 R14 and no alloys then first get them as there is a huge amount of torque in that motor so we need bigger rubber to put it on and you can see the difference in the power handling and braking too if you arn't pleaseed then go for pete's tuning box which come at 25k for swift.

No! No! don't get shocked. The road conditions in India are not like that in the west' date=' in all parts. Though road condiitons have improved and you will find as good roads here, there are innumerable areas were roads are also most non existient, in such conditions we require higher aspect tires and there fore small rim dias. The higher aspect ratio is to protect the rim and provide a comfortable cushion. The aspect ratio you will see here is anywhere between 55 to 80 on most vehicles.[/quote']

Yea, I thought about that, but when tuning it doesn't matter :D

I've got 16 inch wheels with aspect ratio of 45. My next wheels will probably be 17 inch with 40 ar.