anijog

DIY (DO IT YOURSELF)

Last week my CS was in Udaipur, came out of the hotel and opened the car and put the key in the ignition, just then somebody approached me, I got out and turned around to talk the car was on a slope tilting to the left, the door on its own inertia slammed shut!!!

What to do!!!??

Lucky a tata car driver with experience came to my aid,

He removed the outer rubber beading on the window sill inserted a scale and prised the lever down and VOLA! the door was opened.

Now I am scared the car's security system if deactivated can be easily gained access too!!!

Any suggestions, other that steering locks, does anybody use gear locks?!!

Why dont you use a security system that disables your car from your phone?? I use that in my scorpio and it is absolutely brilliant. I dont remember what it is called, let me just go through the brochure and ill let you know.

@Anijog,

How did the car get locked? You just inserted the key in the ignition but did not start the car. Or Did you?

Does your CS have Central Locking Mechanism?

Period.

The doors of Cars with Central Locking (At least Tata Cars) get locked within a brief period after the car is started. So while leaving the Car in Idle condition, just roll down one of the window. I do the same thing.

Keeping the window rolled down allows the person to manually unlock the car if it gets centrally locked after starting the car.

Ya it has central locking.

I had turned the ignition to standby without powering down the window.

As soon as I put the ignition on standby the doors locked with the driver side door still open.

Cyrus can you pls give the mobile locking details, can it be incorporated on the current TATA OE C.L.

how to fix the defogger.

Recently I removed the sunfilm pasted on the rear window and pasted a new one. And after that the defogger stopped working. I got it checked last time I went to service station and they said the defogger is working, but the window is damaged.

I guess the grid on the window should be broken. Any idea how to fix it?