nim12esh

New laura realeasing on the 20th of May

It would be intersting to note the FE figures for the 2.0 TDI.smiley5.gif

I am sure the drive will be a diff experience to 1.9 but will like to map against the overheads.

Anyone test drives the 2.0 TDI plz share feedback.
vineet2009-05-21 05:06:14

From what i hear the 1.8 Superb is now on waiting & not readily available.

Superb sure has set a new benchmark & it takes guts to enter and fight a league which is dominated by cars like Accord!!smiley32.gif

Its bad that 2.0Tdi is only available in L&K variant, it should have been available in Elegance also..All skoda cars pricing are effective after their new vehicles, so expect Octy facelift to be below 10.5 and ultimately Fabia to be between 6-7...

.Vineet, i think you were interested in this vehicle, so if you go to any Skoda dealer then please check out the features in Elegance and Ambiente model..

The pricing seems to be good but what are the features available on the petrol variant?

I was going through the Laura website but there was no feature list of the variants.

exactly, how can they miss this part...They just have give the list of features the new car has but what about features in different variants..All these features are only in L&K, other variants will feature only some goodies..

After reading the details of the new Laura, I almost regretted having bought Laura, but only for a moment. After having read many horror stories of poor Skoda customers on various forums, I atleast dont have any painful ownership experience from Toyota.

Skoda does have some real good products, but they will not succeed till they improve their horrible A.S.S. issues.

And the brand which will suffer most due to Laura and Superb will be Honda. Petrol Laura will trounce Civic and Superb will take care of Accord. Perhaps this will force Honda to come down from their high horse and start giving a better deal to Indian customers.smiley1.gif

Toyota may not be so badly hit becuase as it is Camary does not sell much and Altis is bought mainly for its comfortable ride and hassle free ownership experiecne.

Even I have read a lot about Skoda's A.s.s issues but do believe that the company is in a strong position to tackle these issues.

Products like Superb & now the magnificent Laura are going to sell on their merit. Its shocking to see what the Japos are offering in competition, "puny motors" to be precise!

I would certainly invest in a 160Bhp machine rather than the puny ~120 Bhp slugs! Also, kudos to Skoda for bringing up diesels in the segment, whereas Japos are still ripping off with their petrols.

Lets not entirely go by reports on a single forum, Ive come across a no. of happy Skoda customers. Anyhow, improvement in standards always helps/welcome!

Well I think the new pricing  is good and offering 140bhp diesel in top end makes it look exclusive and better value than the elegance version. Though no high end petrol trim level is not good.

Today I saw an advertizment of Octiva ambient offered at 8.99lakhs .

Well I think the new pricing  is good and offering 140bhp diesel in top end makes it look exclusive and better value than the elegance version. Though no high end petrol trim level is not good.

Today I saw an advertizment of Octiva ambient offered at 8.99lakhs .

i like to know about the offer if anybody knows

Hey, it ain't fair!

The 1.8L TSI is offered only in Ambiente variant!

The new Laura should do pretty well, but may lose quite a few customers because of it's pathetic ASS.

@SPEED This ain't happening the old Laura is not continued .

@Hector I saw this in BT yeaterday and offer was like 8.99lakhs ex showroom thane without insurance which I guess can be given free if bargained.

Well the pricing of 1.8tsi is very good and from the very beginning Skoda must have priced Laura in Civic/corolla territory unlike in the Accord territory. Now Octy should target City/Linea...Skoda's new strategies seems to be pretty effective and good.. The effective pricing of Superb results into good pricing of all their products..

I think they have added the equipment part recently..

BTW, the Ambiente is also loaded but it lacks 2essential things which the other competitor have, 1.) Auto climate control(most important thing for above 11lac car) 2.) Audio controls on steering wheel(not that important but should be there)..

Otherwise rest all things in Laura ambiente are good and you will not find those in Corolla/Civic/Jetta...and 160Bhp engine seems to be its USP..

And if not 2.0lt TDi, atleast 1.8TSi should be there in Elegance too instead of only in Ambiente...

And the front look does not goes well with whole car, the previous looks were much balanced actually.
bluesapphire2009-05-23 06:22:19

Yes BS and to me it lacks two more essential features i.e. 6 CD changer and electrically foldable external mirrors(which should have been in a 13 lac car).

Otherwise it is well equipped and comes with rear AC vents and parktronic which are not there in Corolla/Civic.

Edit : As far as looks are concerned, Civic/Altis still look more desirable to me.

Overall it's a good car especially for those who want that extra power but i would have still gone for Altis.tanmay872009-05-23 07:36:48

Many will still go for Civic or the Corolla due to high reliability and Honda and toyota are considered more above the Skoda in brand image so its not much of trouble for them Skoda won't be a problem.