nim12esh

New laura realeasing on the 20th of May

Skoda Laura for 2009 was launched on May 20th.The new Laura is out in the market with modern styling, dynamism, luxury without compromising on power. Under the hood it offers an option of three engines-1.8-litre turbocharged petrol engine, 1.9-litre and 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. These powerful revolutionary engines as stated by the company assure a lifetime driving comfort. The transmission is also seen with various options like a six-speed DSG automatic transmission, Six- speed manual transmission, 5-speed manual transmission, Triptronic-sequential manual gear selection and also dual mode automatic with Sport mode.

Tamanna Khanna

Indian Car Advisor

www.carazoo.com

Cool! man you got a highly flexible engine which can give best FE and best performance if you don't care about FE.

Hi rssh, I found the Laura very much interesting than other cars due to its stunning performance. The performance which beats 3-series, C-class and close to A4 3.2FSI impressed me a lot. After all I like Petrol Engines more.

When Skoda launched the Superb, the car got in my next car list. But now Laura TSi checks in leaving the superb out of the list.

well what is on-road price of Laura L&K ?

hey guys saw the Laura VRs engine specification in skoda's site.Both Petrol and Diesel are available.

2.0 TSi engine with 235 BHP.   

2.0 TDI engine with 200 BHP.

The Petrol has consumption equal to 7.5 l/100 km which is around 13.33kmpl !!! smiley3.gif

And the Diesel has consumption equal to 5.7 l/100 km which is around 17.54 kmpl smiley3.gif

All that we have read till date are test/comparison results from various magzine/sites.

Is there anyone in forum who has bought the new Laura (Either Petrol Or 2.0L Diesel) & can share their feelings?

I am intersetd in knowing the FE for a real time user for both, as well as drive response in traffic situations.

Toyota has launched limited edition variant Corola Altis Sport to give customers the stylish image of a car which is youthful and sporty.

The new variant features a rear spoiler, side skirts, dual tone seat fabric and wood finish rear cup holders.

Company sources said that only 300 units of the Corolla Altis Sport will be made.

I would recommend Skoda Laura. But please do take a proper Test Drive of the both the cars before you book one, because everyone has their on likes and dislikes.

here is my rating for two cars.(i am not an expert)

Civic - 8/10

Laura - 9/10

My uncle(owing civic 1.8s)took a test drive of the new laura and said it is more responsive and refined.

All said & done; despite all the priase i am yet to see any new Laura on roads.

I am in Noida & we encounter new launches pretty soon on roads but not the new Laura.

Anyone has a idea is this owing to delay in deliveries or otherwise.