Sign in to follow this  
tejasmehta990

Ideas to save Automobile Industry

Hello ! We have been discussing about the fate of the Automobile Industry and had a Hot discussion to safeguard the Automobile Industry.

"The Automobile Industry can survive if Government allow cars which are not older than 15 years."

Now the question is how a person buys a new car if he is out of cash but need a car ? The Plan can be that the old car owner gets a reasonable amount while giving his / her car for scrap, and attractive finance may be provided to buy new car
. What an Idea Sirji smiley38.gif

Other than scrap, other parts such as engines, tyres, glass, seats, electronics etc........ for other useful applications as we have expert brains here in India who can put to use other parts of vehicles in many other applications .

Is there any other use of A Vehicle Engine ?

I know that the used radial tyres are used to draw the steel wires

Recycling should be the norm!

"Save the industry", I don't think so that the industry is in any kind of dire straits in India!
BornFree2009-05-13 18:47:23

Yes, you are right that Indian Industry is not in Dier State and growing and progressing very strongly year after year.

But if we learn from the experience from other developed countries and the state of their Automobile industry, it is right time to take some "LongTerm" steps for better future.

By the way, have you figured out some other use of Automobile Engine ? Or it has to be scrapped and thrown into the foundry for re-melting purpose ?

The following things can be reused from the Vehicles older than 15 years old :

Speedo Meter ,

Seats ,

Tyres (If installed new before some time) ,

Wheel bearings,

Various belts (if in good condition),

Lights ,

Fuel Tank ,

Wires ,

Gear Box

Diffrential ,

Wiper Motors ,

Fasteners ,

Battery ,

Central Processing Unit - I don't know the exact name (Sometime it is very difficult to find new one and if found it may be very costly, all people from visiting this forum accept this whose car was submerged in the floods in Mumbai. I was one of them)

Complete Air Condition unit

Radiator and radiator fan

Carburetor

Other than above you can suggest and than the car can be sent to scrapped

Can any one tell me Chemical composition, Grade of Steel used and thickness of sheetmetal used in the vehicles ?

Central Processing Unit - I don't know the exact name (Sometime it is very difficult to find new one and if found it may be very costly' date=' all people from visiting this forum accept this whose car was submerged in the floods in Mumbai. I was one of them) [/quote']

ECU

Why not Car makers follow Dell's online selling and customization methodology?

It cuts a lot of cost

Different grades are used by auto manufactures. Outer sheets are CRCA where as door hinges are some times made with GI.BS 1449 is one such grade. Thickness of the sheets will range from .8 to 2.5 mm. So the combination will go from bare min of 1.6mm to 5 mm in joineries.

Normally thinner sheets are used in outer skin panels and thicker sheets are used in Under body, and other reinf areas. Thinner sheets facilitates easy repair so they are used in exterior areas.