rAaHuL

How to run 2.1 Creative speakers as Car speakers

Hello all,

Can anybody help me out from this problem. I need to run my creative 2.1 speaker having power input 12 V ~ 2.9A but car battery produces 12V ~ 45A. So problem is that how to convert 45A to 2.9A.

Hello rahul, you need not worry about the Amp rating of the battery. (45A, for instance.) since the Voltage is matching(12V) you can directly connect the speaker system to the car. I have fitted the same speaker to my maruti 800, and it is working fine, even after 2 years. So, go ahead and get the installation done! :)    

Hi thanks for reply....but there is little change in the asked question....i.e. Creative 2.1 SBS speakers having AC Adapter & produces 12V~2.9a AC current.

But Car battery produces DC 12volt.

Then how it will work?

It definitely burn the amplifier. I study allot about this topic but getting nothing....

The DC input from the car will not blow out the amplifier. The internal circuit inside the amplifier will need DC. Hence the AC input from adapter any way need to be converted into DC first. I am not saying this from just theory, but from my experience. I was using the same creative 2.1 system in my maruti 800 for about 2 years, until I sold my car last week.

You were definitely correct....but it may vary to creative speaker models....Only Creative Inspire 2.1 2400 (price 1900 rs) requires 12 Vdc/1.5A and rest of all creative models require ##V AC.....I had creative inspire 4400 4.1 speakers for my PC & it uses an AC adapter which provide output of 13.2 V AC (chk by multimeter).

I have followed caris passion's advice and installed creative 4.1 in my M800. Works like a dream. Awesome sound but the music is not loud enough for my liking. (that is because the creative 4.1 has very low max volume even when running at home, when the windows are rolled down the sound becomes feeble for soft songs, but man is the bass awesome or what!!)

I am also planning to install creative 2.1 speakers in my car with ipod , pls help

1. Do i need to buy a DC to AC converter

2. Will the sound quality be good?

3. Will it affetc my creative speakers after some time (months or years)

4. Pls let me know any youtube videos for this regard

5. will it affect my car battery or any other component in my car

I am planning to install creative 2.1 speakers in my car with ipod , pls help  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maruthi 800<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1.       Do I need to buy a DC to AC converter?

2.       Or can I connect my battery 12 v to creative 2.1 power section (DC) or any other required

3.       Will the sound quality be good?

4.       Will it affect my creative speakers after some time (months or years?)

5.       Will it affect my car battery or any other component in my car?

6.       Pls let me know any youtube videos for this regard

8.       Pls suggest any creative speakers models (2.1) for this regard

Post Edited: Use usual fonts & sizes & posting of personal contact details is strictly prohibited on the Board.

Member Warned.

BornFree2011-11-16 17:23:21

Why do you need to run your car with a creative?

If your budget is too tight, go for basic JBL Head unit and attach a good quality 6*9 speakers. You can finish off your job in about 5-6k.

If your hell bend on computer spaekers,

Buy a DC-AC convertor with extendible wires, keep the woofer in boot and if possible, get some good 4" speakers for front doors.

NOTE - Do not run this kind of system for long continuous hours.