manish0_0

Bajaj to launch Kawasaki Ninja in 2009

the much expected Kawasaki Ninja is all set to scrotch indian roads soon. In 2008 Delhi Auto expo, Bajaj announced said it woud assemble Ninja in India at 2008. But ever since the announcement was made, Bajaj has been mum on the issue and Ninja fans was left clueless. But today Kawasaki offficals has come forward and announced the Ninja would be here in India in 2009 itself.

Hey nice work, but the price may be on a 2 lakh plus or minus range, I don't think it will be priced at one lakh. Its been imported you say hence the price should be high. Hope that kawasaki introduces the high end bikes from its range in the future. Anyway please post any further developments about this bike 

Well the Ninja was coming in 2007 also but it didn't I don't think kawasaki is intrested in Indian market also I don't think it will be prices at 2 lakhs for 600cc engine ,figure around 3.5lakhs looks more real.

yes i dont think so the bike will cost 1 lakh, specially after its imported. this beast is goin to rock the indian roads, I HOPE they launch the bike by the end of the year.

Even i doubt whether this bike will be priced in the 1 lac bracket... This bike should atleast cost 2.5 lacs. Since some of the parts will be imported, therefore they would have to price it beyond 2 lac plus.

Mr. Masanomu Kawaguchi said the bike will be priced "over I Lakh rupees", which means it can be two lakhs as well. This report came in the Business Standard newspaper a couple of days ago and I think there has been an inadvertent misrepresentation of the price. Do not get too hopeful about the Rupees One Lakh thing.

Yeah..the small ninja will cost around 2lacs..

Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin

displacement 249 cc

bore&stroke 62.0 x 41.2mm

compression ratio11.6:1

Liquid-cooled

Keihin CVK30 x 2 Carburator
0-100 km/h- 5.75 sec

1/4 Mile 14.6 sec @ 140 kmph

Maximum Speed 170 km/h

Max Horsepower 36 @ 11000 RPM (26 @ rear wheel)

Max Torque 18 Ft/Lbs @ 10000 RPM (14 @ rear wheel)

Fuel Efficiency 20-30 kmpl

2008-kawasaki-ninja-250r.jpg