I travel around 700-1000 km in a month,but its not usual,now

I have a ZEN,I want upgrade that to a new Sedan,my budget is 5 - 8 lakh.I am

considering new HondaCity,Verna,Dezire ..I am looking for a Best Mileage giving

low maintenance Car,Please help me.Please tell me that any other good models comming in the next 5,6 months..?

Dear Ramesh, your range of budget is very wide and it covers lots of cars. For higher F.E. & lower maintenance D-zire makes sense. Honda city is just beyond your budget and the additional money spent on H-city will offset your requirement of economy. However if you are not very much impressed by D-zire, Linea is a great VFM car. It is latest, spacious, feature reach and affordable to buy and maintain. Verna is good buy for Diesel and not petrol. So if I were you, I will decide between D-zire and Linea. Alternatively you can wait for Indigo Vista, which will be here in 3-4 months time. All the best.

Thanks Nikvint...

I am ok with dezire and Verna..and no idea about linea,can you tell whats da average linea giving,and hws da performance?

I heard about Vista but not intrtd in TATA's stuffs...

What about small Cars..like Honda Jazz nd Fabia and all?

Fiat Linea Diesel has one of the best performances after Verna diesel.

I suggest you have a look at both the cars.

Linea will offer you loads more equipment than the Verna.

Both return around 13-14 in the city and 16-19 on the Highway.

If you wan't performance and aren't really caring about lack of features such as Airbags, Steering Mounts, you can go for Verna CRDi Sx. It comes with ABS, and is the best in class performer.

Linea is kinda, loaded to the teeth. Equipment. Latest Technology. The efficient multijet engine and super sharp steering. It is like around as big as a Skoda Laura but is for half the price. Looks are best in class. Performance is good and there is space also. The engine is a tad noisy, bt it doesn't bother. Quality is a step up from the Verna. Performance is very good, but not as good as the Verna, but the equipment, class and quality compensate for that. It also comes with many advanced bluetooth technologies called Blue and Me and technologies like My Car.

If you wan't complete driving pleasure and monstrous acceleration, go for the Verna, but Linea is almost better in every other aspect.

Personally, i would go for the Linea Multijet Emotion Pack.

And please do not use SMS language in this forum.sparshq2009-05-15 06:40:23

Dear Ramesh' date=' your range of budget is very wide and it covers lots of cars. For higher F.E. & lower maintenance D-zire makes sense. Honda city is just beyond your budget and the additional money spent on H-city will offset your requirement of economy. However if you are not very much impressed by D-zire, Linea is a great VFM car. It is latest, spacious, feature reach and affordable to buy and maintain. Verna is good buy for Diesel and not petrol. So if I were you, I will decide between D-zire and Linea. Alternatively you can wait for Indigo Vista, which will be here in 3-4 months time. All the best.
[/quote']

hey honda city costs 7.7 approx showroom so he may have to stretch a little bit and am sure he does not mind doing that as he has included the city in his list. I suggest the city because its has great performance as compared to Dzire and equally fuel efficient, City is also spacious unlike the cramped Dzire. It comes with hondas reliability and refinement. I have also heard that Maruti is going to change all its petrol engine to the new KB type engine like the one in A star. Hence his Dzire might have the outdated engine few years from now.

Doing only 700-100km per month, i.e. about 10,000km per annum I will keep Diesels off my radar. However, you being from kerala may not agree since diesels are a fad down south. 5-8L rules out the City, arguably the best mid size. I would suggest you wait for the Ritz (to be launched today) and then make up your mind. Just keep in mind with E-IV coming next year most engines which have been around for more than 5 years may be on their way out.

Thanks goenk,sgiitk ..

I am ready to stretch my budget to 9-9.5 ,if it give me the best . Now thinking about City,Linea ,Verna....City and Linea is seriously considering,but many of them saying in reviews and personally city is overrated and not giving many facilities,like alloy,engine security and all .Then Its difficult to find the spare parts for Linea ,because of FIAT's poor services,and only 40% of TATA dealers giving FIAT service facilities...,and its pretty expensive also..,if we come to Verna they are not providing that much facilities and all like other twos,but giving good performances.

after hearing all this  I am confused....

Ramesh: we seem to be on the same track. If you can go to 9-9.5 then go for the City with your eyes shut. I know that some people feel that the city is overpriced. I disagree. You do not get bullet proof quality cheap. Also, the City (event he poor Mk.II) holds its resale better that any of the others. The only reason that I bought the Accent rather than the City 1.3 in 2002 was that Honda did not have service in Kanpur and the Hyundai dealership here was reputed as one of the best garages in Kanpur for two decades, well before they became Hyundai dealers. If I had known that Honda will have a dealership within a few years I may have decided differently.

As for FIAT I will hold my judgement for 2-3 years and see.

Also, with any petrol car once the warranty is over you do what I have been doing for a long time - service once a year or 10,000km with oil change. Coolant + brake oil once in two years, Most others as per mileage chart.

sgiitk2009-05-15 08:23:23

Verna CRDi is not worth your mileage. And the petrol engine of verna is sluggish and not fuel efficient, infact the least in the segment. Infact as per ACI data none of the sedans have a city mileage outside the range of 9.2 to 9.5 kmpl except the city which is way overpriced and will take some time for you to recover the extra cost you bourned for the honda.

Fiat linea looks the best choice to me. It has features and everything you can ask from a car in this segment and a segment above.

Else I think maruti is always the safest bet. Go for SX4 and there wont be any problems regarding service and maintenance of the car as its a maruti. But the interior quality is a little dissapointing

Choose between the two: SX4 or linea, almost same price for the top specced version(petrol for linea). In linea you have great looks, good interiors, spacious. While in SX4 you have service backup, no major flaws except poor quality interiors and a great ground clearance(important if the roads are not too good there)

...Choose between Linea and City else Verna & Linea if diesel....

hey blue I agree with you, but do you think petrol Linea has good mileage? I doubt.

I dont think you can call city expensive just look at the engine guys, what a piece of engineering it is 118PS of power with a 1500cc engine with great mileage.

If you still think its expensive dont forget that the reasale value of the city is much better too. Hence at the end of the equation you will enjoy the benifit for spending more initially.

I had quoted the ACI data in my above post. I dont know what others are getting. But by ACI data low mileage of SX4 seems to be only infront of City which gives double digit mileage, rest all are in early 9.xx. Also performance wise it is very much with the competition, but is sluggish below 2000 rpm, like the linea.

I suggested SX4 because i feel it is okay in just about everything, and doesnt have glaring shortcomings like low power, lack of safety equipment, costly maintenance and has amouth watering price.

Also if you feel SX4 power is less then linea is surely out of contention

Well since you have had the Zen so you had a good driving pleasure and would need one so you now have two best contendors

City (viewers choice car of year)

Linea (jury choiced car of the year 09)

Both are great cars in there respect the city has best engine but is overpriced and add to this no alloy and automatic climate control ac

Linea has a lower power but good enough 90bhp and has a great VFM pack to it ,it has everything a user needs in this segment (a rear ac vent good for south india's hot humid climate) but it lacks in services though the spares are quiet cheaper than the city .So its power vs VFM