CYRUS43

Mitsubishi Minica Toppo: India's Wierdest Import.

Recently, i Stumbled upon this extremely freaky looking "Thing".

At first, i thoiught it was a modified Wagon R or something. But when i went closer to click pictures of this "thing", it turned out to be a Mitsubishi Minica Toppo.

I had only read about these "things", but never actually seen one. And here I was, unable to decide wether I should laugh at how ugly this looks or be polite and just take some pictures and leave.

I ended up doing the Later as the owner was eyeing me suspiciously!!

Anyways, do enjoy this car....if we can call It a car that is!!!!

dsc02223.jpg

dsc02225.jpg

dsc02226.jpg

dsc02227.jpg

dsc02228.jpg

dsc02229.jpg
CYRUS432009-05-15 21:38:03

Looks like a 'Lilliputian Hearse', dunno which 'paagal' would take the trouble of importing this. When sold it would make a good "pet" funeral vehicle; if any one want's to give his dog a decent burial. I bet they will have decals like "Every Dog Has It's Day"...

Looks like a 'Lilliputian Hearse'' date=' dunno which 'paagal' would take the trouble of importing this. When sold it would make a good "pet" funeral vehicle; if any one want's to give his dog a decent burial. I bet they will have decals like "Every Dog Has It's Day"...[/quote']

xlnt...your comment really made me laugh.i was really having a bad smiley5.gifday until i read your post!! thx alot.smiley32.gif

@ Darxide: On seeing the Minica I went 'high' without the "ethanol" and its only saturday afternoon.

yes that hearse really left me pretty shaken up.i guess a "stiff one" is recommended now! drink up! cheers!!

This is how it looks!! There were two versions. The one above is the freakier one!!

This is the more saner looking car.

mitsubishiminicatoppods.jpg

Just a little trivia, If one has seen Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld, in the JApan episode, a Mitsubishi Minica gets towed away by the Shinjuku Police Department as it is parked in a No Parking zone, And clarkson says, "If you drive a car like that, you deserve to have it towed away!!"

Cyrus, sometimes things are beautiful in an ugly sort of way or ugly in a beautiful sort of way. Some designs defy conventional rules of aesthetics and we ridicule them. The Yamaha Fazer in India being a prime example. But I personally like to look at the unusual.   smiley4.gif

This car looks like A Suzuki Wagon R mated with a Mini and produced this awful looking Minica.. The Maruti Zen Estilo sold in Indian market looks beautiful if you compare the car with Minica. Even Wagon R looks good compared to this stupid looking small car..

Mitsubs started to build from the top down, they were actually building a golf mobile, then all of a sudden, they had better funds and a top half finished Minica, they then saw the BMW mini and copy+Paste the bottom half with just a touch of uglyness :)

Its exactly what i thought when i looked at this one "Funeral vehicle for my pet/ Seriously crazy designer's idea for a Golf cart".

I wonder how many of these were sold though...