Endless

Ritz vs i10 Kappa vs Swift

Swift

Love it or hate it designs.

Lively petrol engine.

Definate head turner on road(till last year smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Superb sporty feel at steering

Poor mileage

very cramped

dark interiors

i10 Kappa

superb styling

ubercool interiors

ultra spacious (compared to swift)

euro 5 ready engine

great mileage

ultra light steering

bumpy ride at rear

thin tread looks odd

Ritz (i would love call it splash!!)

Newest design

superb road appearence

euro 4 ready engine

ultra frugile

lively steering response

huge storage space all around

extremely comfortable seats

roomy interiors

cute popped up tacho

good mileage figures (according to company)

bit overpriced (knock knock, where r the people who were shouting i10 is
overpriced!!!)smiley15.gif

dear rishi,

little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Ritz's boot is also similar to swift, it expands to 780 only after folding the seats and i don't think u drive the car that way most of the time

Ritz looks will take sometime to get used to. i10 is an awesome car. But i surely think its overprice. Swift is a real VFM.  For me Swift still rules!!

@Rishi- You just cant praise a Maruti car can you? Stop cribbing around and move on buddy.

karanraheja2009-05-18 12:31:52

Swift's petrol engine will be replaced by 2010 for BS4 norms, and the all-new 1.2l engine will find its way into Swift. Otherwise it is a good car.

But you shouldn't be facing problems with spares, etc.. as it is a Maruti.

@CC- Next Gen Swift will be in our roads by 2010-11. Its supposed to be more roomier because its kinda tailor made for US market.

@Endless- I dont think i10 is ultra spacious compared to Swift. Especially rear room.

@karan, no so changes for current Swift(petrol engine)?

@Endless, i10 is less spacious than Swift, both leg and shoulder room. It is the beige in i10 that gives more spacious feel. But in reality i10 has less interior space.

smiley3.gif you are the first person i heard saying this.

ok, do this your selft, have measurement tape and try to map the left to right interior walls and rear bench widht, you will find the answer yourself.

smiley3.gif you are the first person i heard saying this.

ok' date=' do this your selft, have measurement tape and try to map the left to right interior walls and rear bench widht, you will find the answer yourself.
[/quote']

Glad you had the time to use the tape and measure. Could you give us your details?? I have sat in both cars - to me atleast i found swift better in rear space. Not that its ULTRA SPACIOUS . Compared to i10 yeah Swift seems more spacious. Any comments are welcome.

Yesterday and today itself I have seen 2 sold Ritzs. One was in Punjabi Bagh and the other in Shalimar Bagh, Delhi with ribbons. With the launch being just 4 days old, I think the Ritz is meeting success.

Whatever be said its a fact that i10 is a segment below swift and that cant be ignored. Here though the price difference is not much in uk its 2000 euros, that explains the overpricing of i10 in india, espescially seeing that i10 is built in india and exported all the way there while uk swift is exported right there from hungary

guys wud u please stop making personal comments on my views on any maruti product ...dont forget u cant force me to love or hate a car ...

this is a pulic forum and i have the right to comment on what i like and what i dont ....

and endless ...

what u mean by boot of ritz expand to 780 l ..when folded ...

if u mean boot capacity increases to 780l with seat folded ...then u mean if we want to have boot space then we should drive the car with folded seats..

cud any one here do me a favour...plz somehow get the real boot capacity of ritz ...because buy the pictures it seems below 200l ...

and infact autocar has said in its first drive that it is less than swift and just 178 l only ...

Ritz makes more sense. It is not overpriced' date=' see its based on Swift, which is a segment above than i10. Ritz is very well priced.[/quote']

if we compare similar spec model of ritz with i10, ritz is expensive with regards to features on offer.

i10 magna and ritz lxi/vxi(not sure), the difference is rs 25k which is quite big amount in this segment. and fyi, i10 magna has  power windows on all four doors and remote boot release which ritz lxi lacks.

that ways it is overpriced.

moreover, reportedly efficiency of ritz will be less than i10.

endless ...

dont forget ritz...superspacious boot ..of i78l ...

i10 has 225l...boot ...and swift has 232l boot .... 

dear rishi' date=' it was you who was pointing out the superspacious boot of ritz. i never favoured the comment. do read my reply to your that comment

endless ...

dear rishi,

little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Ritz's boot is also similar to swift, it expands to 780 only after folding the seats and i don't think u drive the car that way most of the time

Well i think its the only Maruti car, that i am liking though i have to see it to believe it but reports says its much better than rest marutis..have seen 1ritz and it looked good especially i like it better than Swift, coz i dont like the jumbo kinda looks of swift and on the contrary it lacks inside space instead of big big body...Same with A-star, but i think Ritz is different and also the interiors seems to be much better than swift...Hope this maruti car is better on quality and doesnt rattles much...But on the other hand i also like i10, cant say which one is better but until i see and drive the Ritz, its i10 for me for now atleast..

new swift will be having cosmetic changes only' date=' plus BSIV compliant KB series engine.

it has nothing do with the interior space
[/quote']

I guess your wrong here. Try googling for 2010 Suzuki Swift and you can see the spy shots of Next Gen swift. It surely looks roomier from pics atleast and the fact that its gonna be launched in US - Suzuki will make sure the hatch is spacious. Sorry for going OT.