Endless

Ritz vs i10 Kappa vs Swift

m amazed to see people are so eager for swift 2010.

so much of guess work is going on' date=' that too on the basis of covered car!!

[/quote']

Well Swift still sells like hot cakes so wats wrong in being eager to see Next Gen Swift ?

Obviously we all are guessing after seeing the spy pics. We obviously need to see an uncovered car to comment more. But i don understand what amazes you with the guess work ??????????? Chill out!

Ritz makes more sense. It is not overpriced' date=' see its based on Swift, which is a segment above than i10. Ritz is very well priced.[/quote']

if we compare similar spec model of ritz with i10, ritz is expensive with regards to features on offer.

i10 magna and ritz lxi/vxi(not sure), the difference is rs 25k which is quite big amount in this segment. and fyi, i10 magna has  power windows on all four doors and remote boot release which ritz lxi lacks.

that ways it is overpriced.

moreover, reportedly efficiency of ritz will be less than i10.

Ritz is made from Swift platform. Swift and i10 belongs to different segments. So the price difference is not a big issue. It is i10 that is overpriced and priced closely to car from higher segment and people buy it. That doesn't mean Ritz, which is made from the Swift's platform considered expensive.

Ritz makes more sense. It is not overpriced' date=' see its based on Swift, which is a segment above than i10. Ritz is very well priced.[/quote']

if we compare similar spec model of ritz with i10, ritz is expensive with regards to features on offer.

i10 magna and ritz lxi/vxi(not sure), the difference is rs 25k which is quite big amount in this segment. and fyi, i10 magna has  power windows on all four doors and remote boot release which ritz lxi lacks.

that ways it is overpriced.

Ritz is made from Swift platform. Swift and i10 belongs to different segments. So the price difference is not a big issue. It is i10 that is overpriced and priced closely to car from higher segment and people buy it. That doesn't mean Ritz, which is made from the Swift's platform considered expensive.

this is funny, whats the point behind charging extra 25k just for the platform!!!

people gonna use features and comfort of it, there is hardly anyone who will consider his buy on the platform basis smiley5.gif

fantastic review bluesapphire,

truely amazing, simple and precise. thnks for the wonderful effort. smiley32.gif

this will really help those people who are confused b/w i10 and Ritz.

and also to those people too, who thinks i10 is overpriced, despite having top notch build quality and controls!!! smiley17.gif

Well i forgot to add something...

Everytime when i test drive new cars, i dont like to drive my spark immediately after that, but this time it wasnt the same, although i am not saying that Spark is better than ritz but it still has juice left in it. Its engine is smooth although not as refined as Ritz but good, handling was better and all Chevy's ride quality are always commendable & best in class, accelaration was also very good at 2nd and 3rd gear as i already told in above post, it just need to improve its gear shift and even the rear space isnt too small as many of you think. My sweet heart can still compete with some modern cars, although you might feel that i am being biased but trust me its not so. If you take Santro or WagonR or even estilo for a TD of ritz, on returning you will not like to drive your own car, but mine one feels something different.

EDIT- Thanks Endless...And i10 to me is not overpriced but this time between MS and Hyundai(ritz & i10), i am bowled by both, cant tell which one is better despite of the fact that i dont like most marutis..
bluesapphire2009-05-22 06:33:23

Crazycat. Are you sure that i10 magna has remote boot release. Because the aci says that the boot release is external for magna, sportz and asta.

Is it optional ?   

if we compare similar spec model of ritz with i10' date=' ritz is expensive with regards to features on offer.

?

i10 magna and ritz lxi/vxi(not sure), the difference is rs 25k which is quite big amount in this segment. and fyi, i10 magna has? power windows on all four doors and remote boot release which ritz lxi

[/quote']

I guess deathrace quoted that there was boot release in i10.

Was he wrong then.

@csnana, i didn't mention about i10's boot releasesmiley1.gif

Ritz is made from Swift platform. Swift and i10 belongs to different segments. So the price difference is not a big issue. It is i10 that is overpriced and priced closely to car from higher segment and people buy it. That doesn't mean Ritz' date=' which is made from the Swift's platform considered expensive.

[/quote']

this is funny, whats the point behind charging extra 25k just for the platform!!!

people gonna use features and comfort of it, there is hardly anyone who will consider his buy on the platform basis smiley5.gif

Can you please tell me what are all the thing people consider in car's platform?

It is not just about features dude.

@crazycat

people are very price sensative, they look out for features, looks, comfort, safety, engine power and fuel efficiecy at prime.

only a few technically well known people dig out for platform related info.

Guys ,

i am in process of booking a i10 Sportz Auto (Deep Ocean Blue) , its coming to 5.25lacs OTR Bangalore after discounts .

Please suggest me what are the list of accessories i should bargain with the dealer , i have made a list below, please add up if you guys have anything in mind .

Remote locking -

Mats and mud flaps

Body cover

Sunfilm

Leather Seatcovers , gear knob ,steering wheel & parking handle.

Perfume

Foglamps - Not sure about this

please suggest if i have missed anything else

@crazycat

people are very price sensative' date=' they look out for features, looks, comfort, safety, engine power and fuel efficiecy at prime.

only a few technically well known people dig out for platform related info.

[/quote']

Yeah agree on that.All our buyers need is beige interior with top notch quality. They don't worry about mechanicals in the car, except power and mileage. But still i look forward to it.

Hi blueSapphire,

Thanks for your detailed reviews. Its of great help for people like me whoc are totally confused in purchasing i10 or Ritz.

I also took Ritz test drive. Few things which I didnt like are :

1. Car AC - it was too low even on full colling/fan. Probably bcoz of AC points designs. Not sure, if you or any one also experienced the same, please let me know.

2. Great car. Excellent front look but a bit confusing rear look :).

3.Boot space seems to be less but with 60:40 seats folding, it shdnt be problem if considered as a normal family car.

4. There is a long obscturcion in going in/ coming out from rear seats. May be someone has mind it

5. I some how didnt find its pickup that great . The vehicle was not responding expectedly on 2nd or 3rd.

6. Bit pricy. I am getting i10 Mogna in 4 lakhs. Ritz is costing me 4.6 lacs on road in Delhi.

Having said these, I agree with most of your comments. Now, please please can someone suggest me with proper reason why I should go for - 10 Magna (brick red)or Ritz Vxi  (Choco, red or deep blue ?).

Please help.

Thnx

Hi blue sapphire,

First of all let me appreciate ur honest review on ritz and i completely agree with u 100%.  I took a test drive of both petrol and diesel ritz and found i 10 kappa is definitely a better bet than ritz. First of all the engine is quite in I 10 kappa and very much refined than ritz. One can experience this only by test driving both these cars back to back at the same time. I know ritz is a bigger car in terms of space but let me stop right there, in terms of comfort i did not find much difference between the two. NVH levels in I10 kappa is far better than ritz and the overall driving satisfaction is much better than ritz. I found both the petrol  and diesel ritz had similar NVH levels, well it goes to say that the diesel is one of the best refined cars among other diesels but i cannot agree the same with the petrol. I just booked a i 10 kappa after test driving ritz. I feel i 10 KAPPA magna after dealer discounts is an excellent buy compared to ritz lxi which falls almost in that price range but without any of magnas features.

As everyone agrees that

1. i10 magna has more features than Ritz Lxi but priced nearly same [3.9L]

2. i10 sportz has lot more features than Ritz Vxi but priced nearly same.[4.2L]

But the question is, How Come i10 Asta and Ritz Zxi have the same features and cost the same [4.8L]? Ritz even has Alloy Wheel while i10 Asta does'nt. What is the catch? Does that mean Ritz Zxi is more VFM than i10 Asta while Ritz Vxi/Lxi are not VFM when compared with i10 magna/Sportz?

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys,

Regards!

Nithiraj.

i had also checked on the ritz boot space they have the option of the 60-40 split seats but they do not fold two fold like the Indica where when you fold them u get the same level as the boot space level which is great in Indica,ritz folding is a big disadvantage in terms of this.