Endless

Ritz vs i10 Kappa vs Swift

Humm... Still tough... Ritz is more spacious and looks big than i10. Also its a new entry (so have pros with new design and cons with lack of user feedback). I am afraid to purchase Ritz thinking that if it fails like A-STAR then the resale value for the car would certainly be low. Unfortunately maruthi sales man also doesnt knw many things about this car.

This is additional to that I too want to purchase VFM car -:). My plan is to use the new car for a year or two and than upgrade to a higher segment.

Hi blueSapphire' date='

Thanks for your detailed reviews. Its of great help for people like me whoc are totally confused in purchasing i10 or Ritz.

I also took Ritz test drive. Few things which I didnt like are :

1. Car AC - it was too low even on full colling/fan. Probably bcoz of AC points designs. Not sure, if you or any one also experienced the same, please let me know.

2. Great car. Excellent front look but a bit confusing rear look :).

3.Boot space seems to be less but with 60:40 seats folding, it shdnt be problem if considered as a normal family car.

4. There is a long obscturcion in going in/ coming out from rear seats. May be someone has mind it

5. I some how didnt find its pickup that great . The vehicle was not responding expectedly on 2nd or 3rd.

6. Bit pricy. I am getting i10 Mogna in 4 lakhs. Ritz is costing me 4.6 lacs on road in Delhi.

Having said these, I agree with most of your comments. Now, please please can someone suggest me with proper reason why I should go for - 10 Magna (brick red)or Ritz Vxi  (Choco, red or deep blue ?).

Please help.

Thnx
[/quote'] Thank you guys for appreciating my effort...

and @i10orRitz, well i liked its AC and rear looks and yes boot was less and nowadays 60:40 comes in almost every car so it doesnt adds to the more boot, you have to fold the rear seats for that and regarding 4th point i dont know, i checked out the rear seat only once so may be i didnt noticed that...

And i agree with you on 5th point, although the engine is refined it doesnt feels like 1.2...

Test drive both back to back and then decide, i think Magna kappa is really good variant and i10 is worth it..Before ritz i10 was concieved as overpriced with context to swift but now with Ritz, i think i10 seems to be Vfm...For build quality, interiors and plastic quality i10 is best, i dont know its performance, ride, handling and space in compare to Ritz, so cant comment, have to take a TD for it...

but i10 is also great car and you will not regret, it now just needs a diesel heart..

yea karanraheja , i was ready to pay 8OTR for Auto jazz .But i don't think we can see auto jazz in near time and also at the price mentioned by me .

So decided that i shall buy Auto tran for City driving and at some later point a manual sedan for Highways.

csnana, please share which dealer did you book the i10 Sportz in Bangalore and what freebies did you get. I am planning to book i10 Sportz Manual in a day or two. It will help if you can share this info.

rchinu ,

i am in touch with Advaith Hyundai , Residency road.

OTR is 5.25 lacs after discount of 20K(insurance16k+corporate discount 4k)

The dealer has told that he will give all accessories mentioned in prev page by me , except for fog lamps.

Congrats Csnana, good choice made indeed...Which color you have booked and whats the difference between the Sportz and magna variant, and also whats the price of Asta auto??

And yes Csnana, i think many are liking i10 more after the launch of Ritz....I think this is the 1st time when buyers are prefering Hyundai against new Maruti...
bluesapphire2009-05-26 13:23:13

But Csnana, i think you should have wait for Jazz atleast to have a look at it, it would have given you more satisfaction by seeing the car and then rejecting it...May be it comes with paddle shifts with launch itself although expensive..

I am saying this because already you waited so much, now when launch is round the corner i.e 10th June, you could have waited little more when you waited so much already... Just my thought...

I have test driven Ritz petrol, and found it to be better than i10 Kappa. Engine refinement was great, and the ride comfort much better than i10. I found the rear seat width to be considerably better. I would have appreciated a beige interior, like i10 though.

However, I was very sad that, I will not be able to afford the gem-of-a-petrol engine, since my daily running doesn't allow a petrol engine. :(

So, I have booked a Ritz Vdi ABS- in white colour!! :)   

Looking forward to take the delivery within a month. :)

Great Caripassion looks like the waiting period is less once in a bluemoon and its a great colour choice dude .How much did you get the deal for also do put  alloys and tyres or 195/65/R15 . Best of luck.

Ya, put the alloys, a 2 din system or the jvc touch screen one they have shown in the ritz review in team bhp. I heard that u hv interior colour options between blue and black in ritz. Which colour are you going for if its true?

Even though I love the Swift (my son has a ZXi) I will now wait for new engine on the Swift before looking at it seriously. Hence I will look at the Ritz and i10 Kappa only at teh moment. Once the engine upgrade is done (unless something really silly happens) I will opt for the Swift.

But Csnana' date=' i think you should have wait for Jazz atleast to have a look at it, it would have given you more satisfaction by seeing the car and then rejecting it...May be it comes with paddle shifts with launch itself although expensive..

?

I am saying this because already you waited so much, now when launch is round the corner i.e 10th June,?you could have waited little more when you waited so much already... Just my thought...
[/quote']

yea i know that , but don't know , by my honest guess it would have been 9lac OTR for Jazz in Bangalore for Auto tran . That would have stretched by budget by miles. i decided that i shall buy a manual sedan after couple of years for highway driving and keep the i10 for city.

Ya' date=' put the alloys, a 2 din system or the jvc touch screen one they have shown in the ritz review in team bhp. I heard that u hv interior colour options between blue and black in ritz. Which colour are you going for if its true?

[/quote']

I thought Lxi/Ldi comes with dark interiors [dashboard] while Vxi/Zxi/Vdi comes with blue? Someone, please correct me.

Well they only comes in ZXi variant, and in pics it might look good but not in real, the shade in website is close to peacock blue while in real its totally different, actually all cars of maruti on their websites have lots of variations regarding colors of cars, similar thing is about exterior color too...And even the blue seats doesnt looks that good..

The worst upholstered car I have seen is the Ford Ikon on launch, later on, it took a long time for Ford to get it right, only toward's the fag end of the life cycle. It's one thing that pushed me toward's the Accent at that point of time. Accent looked age's and generation's ahead. The blue upholstery of the Ritz is too 'ritzy' for my taste, first thing I'd do is get a good and matching seat cover, to cover up the seat's.