krace

Used sedan at 2 lacs???

If you are paing upto 4 Lakhs for a seadan, just think of going for Merc.

I am sure you must have read last month's issue of "AUTOCAR", wherein there was an article on Mercedes W124 and similar models are offered at 4 Lakhs. These models are not requried to be taken to the Authorised service station. They can be repaired at service station you feel comfortable, even spares are easily available, so it won't prove "White Elephant" to you.

01010001021201040220080525e4c08f76d8d2721987%2BMercedes-Benz%2B230CE.jpg

Just think of this option and you won't regret at all as you will be owning a MERCEDES

tejasmehta9902009-05-23 14:06:44

First of all,Thanks for the valuable suggestions friends...

I was not able to see any of the cars that I planned for..Got some issues in my project.smiley19.gif.. Good thing is, I've moved to my newly constructed house.smiley4.gif So, I was not able to find any time for my Sedan Hunt..So, planing to see few cars today evening...The empty Portico of my house makes me worry smiley19.gif... I'm planing to see the Accent 2001.. I've provided the details of this car already.. In addition to that, I've got info about a 2006 Ikon 1.3.. It has 40000 Kms in its odo and the quoted price is 2.5 Lacs.. I'm hoping to bring down the price to somewhere near 2.2 L..What's your opinion friends?.. Jus leave a reply.. I'll update further by today evening after seeing these cars.

@RSSH, I agree that Ford has higher maintenance costs.. But why I'm considering Ikon is that I love the car...My other options now are Esteem as suggested by you and swiftvxi06, Used Baleno and Accent...

Earlier, I was hesitant to consider the Baleno as its production was stopped long ago..But recently I read all the reviews about Baleno in various sites including t-bhp...Yesterday I came across one ad in Hindu classifieds for a 2004 Baleno. On further enquiry, I got the below information..

Its a Baleno 2004 Model.. Lxi Variant, 45000 Kms done, Expected price is 2 Lakhs, But car is with a dealer now who is doing this on commission basis. Shall I consider this deal? Previous owner is a Doctor.

Also, there is a 2005 Esteem for 2.25 Lakhs, 30000 Kms done.. Have to enquire about the details..

Let me know your opinion friends.

Baleno is a very good car. One of my friend has it since 2005 and has faced no problem whatsoever. Recently the car met with a minor accident but the body parts were still available after special ordering though it took some time but he got it.

Else Esteem is not that bad looking at the odo but accent would be the best bet if you can get one. Nothing beats that

I think you should take a look at the 2005 Esteem VXi. Its a good car and way better than Hyundai Accent whose maintenance is on the higher side. Plus Esteem has much more refined 1.3Litre 85bhp engine and its much more fuel efficient  than Accent.