Durango Dude

Skoda and after sales service!

Thanks for putting up the link here Mr. Ravi ! This thread is the most happening thread in T BHP since 2 months. I think hightime Skoda improves its A.S.S. and bring down their spare rates. VW on other hand seems to be more serious in our market - they plan to increase localisation content to 60-70% for VW Polo in 1 year after launch. I think Fabia's localisation was 15-20% till last month , now it has finally increased.

Skoda's cars are brilliant , hope its A.S.S. doesnt affect in long term.

Thanks DD for posting it as a separate thread. I have been following this thread and also posted quite a few times on it. Even if 10% is true it is bad enough for me. Took the Octavia/Laura right off my radar.

I may add that of late sometimes I am getting to feel that, maybe, it is being kept alive artificially. Quite a few times I have seen itnear the end of 'New Posts' only to find a post in it. On TBHP with the volume of traffic going off the New Posts almost amounts to instant oblivion.

YA .Thats why In European Markets SKODA is not a famous brand and people tend to avoid buying Skoda's. because there VW is more famous and has better brand coverage. In Eastern European markets, its presence is felt but not in Western European markets like UK, France. Thanks DD,Because my uncle was thinking of buying a Fabia 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Now  after reading articles in team bhp he will never buy a Skoda and become bankrupt. Just waiting to see what will happen to Skoda when VW comes in the main stream big hatch and midsize segment with Polo and other cars...... VW will  anyday have higher localisation percentage and hence will price their cars competitively, May be some cars will cost lower than Skoda's if Skoda doesnt increase its localisation percentage....... swiftvxi062009-05-18 06:00:58

Thanks DD, always knew of that thread, even SG posted links to it in numerous posts of his.

Actually customers of various manufacturers have horror stories to tell, this particular story caught limelight because it went Manufacturer vs Forum, once the forum staff felt threatened, outcome was pretty much obvious!

Now, it seems, the guns of Babylon have fallen silent only to be refired by the forum staff from time to time!

@speed. Very well said. Let us see when the Guns of Babylon finally fall silent. What bugs me more is the set of links posted by GTO as the second post in the thread.  This is baa....ad considering that we are not dealing with a high volume product in the first place.

It is off new posts now. Let us watch and see !!!!

sgiitk2009-05-18 07:35:38

There have been threads bashing Skoda and its service in Team BHP from early 2005 itself when I was an active member. I stopped reading those threads long time back as we did not own a Skoda back then. And now too, I don't want to bother reading this thread in Team Bhp.

Anyway, What comes to my mind is that if the Skoda A.S.S. is so bad how are they managing to sell so many cars year after year and even a car like the Fabia is a decent success for them.