sarghau

Small car

hey,

I am a college student. I am planning to buy a small car.

My budget is 4L. I have short listed i10, Getz and Ritz. I checked out all the three. The interiors of ritz is not as impressive as the other two. Getz and Ritz give more rear space than i10, but i get only a 1.1litre engine in Getz for my budget. I need a decent mileage rather than a excellent mileage like the one Ritz gives. I am confused among those three. SO help me out guyssmiley1.gif.

Regards,

Sarvesh

The best car suited for you would be the Hyundai i10 Era . i10 is seriously a very good performer and has superb driveability. The car's interior fit and finish is top notch and better than Getz and Ritz. Its also very fuel efficient. some owners reported 14.7 km/pl in city with a/c on. The beige interiors helps make the car feel bigger than it actually is. Go for it DuDe. Its the perfect car for a college goer.

Go for i10 magna then, it has a more powerful engine, 80 bhp.

And FE will be good too, you may have to extend your budget by 20-30k though but it will be worth it.

Ritz is a good car but the Vxi variant is costlier than i10 magna, the Lxi variant has less features.

Then try the 1.2 Kappa variant. For that you need to increase your budget. The Ritz is also a very good spacious car.  Its got the superb KB 1.2 85bhp engine and is India's first BS 4 vehicle.. I think with Ritz you cant go wrong as it is Maruti Suzuki product with loads of style, performance, good fuel efficiency and low maintenance..and its been one of the best cars in Europe where its known as Suzuki Splash. Just check out the Test drive of Ritz in this forum....

If you are not satisfied with the power of 1.1 of I-10, remove Getz from your list. Getz 1.1 is seriously underpowered. I m driving it since last 6 months. Though overall it is a fantastic car. For your requirement I-10 Kappa or Rirz are the only choice. Select the car which you like from this two. All the best.

I am preferring the i10 kappa. But i may go for long drives occasionally. As i10 does not have much rear space, will it be tolerable for occasional long drives? I notice that no one is commenting about Getz. 

Yes because its 1.1 litre engine is seriously underpowered and its not fuel efficient. You can also go for Maruti Swift VXi which is way better than Getz and is a segment above the i10 and Ritz. All the best buddy.

Oh ya i felt the same. Getz is underpowered. Swift doesn't fit my budget i guess and its an old model,released in 2005 itself. I forgot to mention one point, i'm a 6 footer. But i didn't feel i10 cramped while driving it. Guess people sitting behind me would find it difficultsmiley4.gif.

Ok. Swift was launched in May 2005 but its a small car one should always look out for. It has a very powerful yet competent 1.3litre unit but its above your budget.. I think since you re a 6 footer you can try Ritz too as its a newer car and its height is much more than i10. And Ritz will have tremendous road presence due to its styling.

Well try to get a 1.3lt engine Getz coz the 1.3lt isn't selling very well ask for discounts on it and since you are a 6 footer so it would be nice. Even I don't feel cramped in my Zen but its the rear people who complain.

Give the Santro a try it's the best small car available for that money. Solid build and comfortable to drive and fuel efficient. For 4 lakhs Santro's the best bet. Given below are exshowroom prices of Santro for your city.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ex-Showroom Prices for MADURAI

Model

Ex-Showroom Prices (Rs.)

Euro III NonA/C (Solid)

Euro III NonA/C (Metallic)

Euro III GL (Solid)

Euro III GL (Metallic)

Euro III GLS (Solid)

Euro III GL (Solid) - LPG

Euro III GLS (Metallic)

Euro III GL (Metallic) - LPG

Euro III GLS (Solid) - LPG

Euro III GLS (Metallic) - LPG

368819Durango Dude2009-05-18 11:54:16

Before you decide on the Getz a very good car you could try the Indica Vista too.

Almost in the same league and a new product, if possible you may get the anniversary special too.

Hi Friend!

In my opinion it is better to opt between Ritz and i10. Getz is not that impressive in its performance.  i10 with its kappa engine is always a performer but Ritz is not bad either with  Maruti's K-series engine. Both the cars are good in their own terms. Ritz is still more better as its is spacious and tall too which allows easy entry/exit.  Besides as it is from Maruti....the servicing as well as the low maintananceis the added advantage.

Tamanna Khanna

Indian Car Advisor

www.carazoo.com

Hey today i came to know tat getz(1.3) and i10 have a price difference of just 1000Rs. I am seriously considering of going for the getz only because of its extra space than i10. I dont wanna go for Ritz because it has a very small boot space. Suggestions pls..

@Sargau: I think that's a steal, you can go for the 1.3 Getz rather than the i10, and have more space. Are you sure? I think they are clearing stock's of the Getz. That's how I bought Elantra at the 'Great Hyundai Elantra clearance sale' enjoy. It was 9.3 lakh otr, almost 1 lakh off the actual cost.

Durango Dude2009-05-21 18:32:28

I drove the 1.2 Kappa. It wasn't that powerful. I didn't find much difference between the 1.1 and 1.2 kappa i10,however kappa had a better power than the 1.1. Thats why my mind shifted towards Getz 1.3 and an added advantage is it gives more space. And i mentioned it wrongly that the prize difference between i10 and getz is just 1000. It is Rs.10000 actually. Anyways not much difference.