Hello Everyone,

I own a Swift Diesel. As many guys know, the swift's headlights are very disappointing. So on receiving many valuable suggestions, I planned to upgrade my headlights.

I bought Osram's cool blue headlight bulb with a rating of 100/90W plus all the necessary holders, relay and wiring. I went to Maruti service station to get this fixed. But to my surprise, they said that this cant be done since this will damage the wiring. And they specially mentioned that this complaint is common only for Vdi and not Ldi (That's strange).

I know about 10 to 12 people who have upgraded to this configuration (Swift Diesel Vdi) and everything is working great for them. Now i dont understand why they said this to me. My friends tell me it's because I got the lamps from outside and they generally dont like that approach..

So guys, what should I do now. I already got the kit and I dont want to waste my money on that by keeping it in my cupboard. Kindly advice me on this. Some told me to get it done from any outside electrical shops.

Kindly leave a reply to this. Thank in advance guys.

Cheers..!

Swift lights are notorious. The options (both illegal) are

1. Change over to 90/100W. My XXX who owns got it done by a Maruti dealership. This involves putting in a relay and also replacing the holders.

2. Change over to HID. I hear that HID projector lamps are available for the Swift at around 25k!. These may be kosher. If you put in a HID bulb in normal lamps then the full beam must still be halogen (a la Altis!).

Thanks for the reply...

I indeed have all the necessary items to get this done... like relays, holders, wires etc... but the maruti dealer said they cant do it... Am really mad..!!! Now am planning to get this done outside...

I have 100/90W cool blue lamps from osram.. I want to know that if it's fine and whether this affect my car's electrical system...

Kindly advice me..! Thanks..

Though they wont affect your cars electrics in any way, do remember to use good quality wire when you install them. Ideally, one should use Finolex wires. Also, why dont you try 140/110W from GE instead of the 100/90W osrams.

Ohh no!! There is no heating problem at all!! All my cars with the exception of the scorpio have 140/110 Headlights with a complete custom created Wiring harness specially for the headlights. It takes around two days to create the harness and complete the installation. Let me see if I can get a few pics of the setup.

Hi, even I own a swift VDI, as you quoted the lights are very poor, it is some what better when we turn on the front fog lamps. I checked with a Authorized maruti service provider and they told that if I am a frequent highway traveler then it is suggestable to change otherwise no.. and moreover they also do the modification by fixing the powerful headlamps. The manager from the service center also told me that, they have got few complaints about the wires burnt due to the heat !!!(do not know if this is a trust worthy statment)

Thanks guys...

I plan to stick with 100/90... Dont want anything over that.. cos all my buddies have installed 100/90 and it's working perfectly fine.. so i want some good advice from u guys to take this further...

Am bit concerned with the wires.. I guess the wires are normal ones and want to know whether it's fine.. Although, night driving for me is low when compared to daytime and also rarely on highways..!