Thanx rohank. I agree that the car needs to be righfully maintained in order to minimize the costs. The scheme of ford is attractive as well and i think its maintenence cost is very competitive comapred to other sedans.

hey, i was searching across the forum for fiesta threads and im glad to know that fiesta is so low on maintenence. Im in love with this car, and my friends own this beauty. Thus, i have a pretty good idea on the qualities of the vehicle. But after buying any product, especially a car, the maintenence cannot be ignored. Id appreciate if fiesta owners enlighten us on this issue.

Hello Ralf!

Honda City is quite advanced in tems of design and technology, but costs a premium as well. I think you should wait for the new Fiesta to be lunched. It's based on the Ford Verve concept (Mazda Platform). So crash-safety, chassis stiffness and handlng are expected to be exemplary.

That is interesting Merc. Ya, your suggestion was like your name, Mercedes. I think the Honda is too expensive to pick up, especially in a time of recession. How long will the ford verve take to come out in India. i dont mind waiting a little, but cant wait too long either.

I don't think Ford will launch the new Fiesta before 2010, since it's facing a hard time globally. And since the current Fiesta is doing well, it's unlikely to be phased out soon. So I think you'll have to wait for long.

If you are not prepared for the wait, get the City and switch to alloys and 195 tyres!

I don't think Ford will launch the new Fiesta before 2010' date=' since it's facing a hard time globally. And since the current Fiesta is doing well, it's unlikely to be phased out soon. So I think you'll have to wait for long.

If you are not prepared for the wait, get the City and switch to alloys and 195 tyres!
[/quote']

@ lust for merc

1: Ford is facing a hard time globally. EVEN more reason to bring in the fiesta

2: globally fiesta is doing pretty well. so how can ford face a hard time?smiley36.gif

3: the fiesta hatchback with a boot is already launched in china. How much time will it take to bring the same car here? 2-3 months i think.

Here's a thread to new fiesta spied testing.

New Fiesta Spotted

My advice: WAIT FOR IT

@winner48

There is no reason for Ford to sell the new and the old Fiesta side by side, because the Focus is also in pipeline.

And Ford won't commit the same mistake Maruti committed by axing the Zen, when there was still demand for it. And do yo really think that the New Festa can compete on equal terms with the City in the 9-10 lakh range.

And Ford's pickups and trucks are not doing well this year, which are a mahority of Ford's sales globally, and not the Fiesta. So this is a thing to worry.smiley13.gif

@ Ralf You seem to be taking an aweful time to decide, You tested how many cars since may? It seems you are in search of something which you have not been able to pinpoint?

With such a lot of cars in the market you need to priortize what you want 1st 2nd so forth and then select the car that come closest

According to me, Ralf had already decided on the fiesta and came here just to know whether his decision is correct. And we auticar-ians didnt approve of it. Now the guy is real confused. smiley5.gif

Plus with the testing of this new ford car, he must be going bonkers.

Anyways Ralf, its better to be late than sorry.

WAIT FOR THE NEW CAR.winner482009-07-07 10:23:05

well i would suggest ralf to go for the fiesta. from what i have read the cost of maintenence worries him. and i think fiesta is doing well with its reduced costs on spare parts as well as servicing.

Hi, im interested in knowing the cost of maintenence of ford as well. Could the experts please give an insight to it? Many people who buy cars forget this scenario of additional costs of maintaining their cars. Im a prospective buyer of the fiesta too and would be glad to have some review on it. thanx

well that is indeed my query on the fiesta. i have decided to pick the fiesta up and my only enquiry is regarding the cost of maintenence. its good to know ragash that the parts are cheap from ford and that the maintenence costs have reduced. :) that would indeed make it a more preferable choice for me. thanx ragash. any more info from you and the others on the maintenence costs of ford fiesta is welcomed

hey guys, i recently read in the cars section of times of india. ford has reduced the cost of maintenence by further decreasing the spare parts of all of its cars. this is too tempting to resist. and its also a good sign. however, im also looking for some reviews on the maintenence costs from current ford owners ;) running to the nearest ford dealer :)

Ralf, if youve have picked The Ford Fiesta.Better buy, the diesel version. Its mileage is exceptional .The 1.4L motor of Ford Fiesta , belongs to the Duratorq family of diesel engines that Ford produces and is the best. Such is its reliability , that Ford has now installed this same 1.4L motor into New Ford Icon. Though,I'm a bit sceptical about the prevailing view,here, thats its maintainence is low!

well the maintenence of all ford cars have reduced considerably. so it doesnt matter which one you pick up.... regarding this, yo ucan view this article which really shows how low the cost of operation of ford truely is: -