dp1510

Jerk PULL in swift VDI

Hello,

I own a swift VDI, it has clocked 7500KM so far, and she is just 10 months old. when I release and apply gas say at 30KM speed in 3rd gear .. I get a jerk pull .. the same happens when I am in 4th gear at 40-50 KM speed. When ever we just release and apply gas by pressing the pedal.. in general the vehicle should move smoothly, but my vehicle gives a jerk. It was not the same before. I checked with a service manager he asked me not to use speed diesel.. and should use unlead. I use it but still have the same issue. Wanted to see if anyone has faced similar issue???

Is this Jerk a sudden boost in acceleration?? If yes, its just the Turbo kicking in. Enjoy the Feeling. If it is something else, Its probably due to fuel starvation. And yes, dont use Hi-Speed Diesel. The Additives ruin the injector profile.

The jerk is not due to turbo charge... this is kind of pull which I have not felt it in my past 10 months. the fuel more than 75%. In one of the post I saw similar issue and the mechanic has suggested him that "this is sure indication of water being accumulated in the fuel pump, this happens in all the diesel cars, there is for sure water content in all the diesel and the pump needs to be cleaned on a regular bases"

wiered !!!

It is not a sureity to happen in all diesel cars.

But it sure will happen if you keep on changing fuel stations.

Maintain one or at the most two, the best is to use a company run outlet.

I remember filling in petrol at one station as I was really out of gas and the next thing i found the car spewing white smoke, the least i could do was fill in more good quality fuel to reduce the problem.

when I release and apply gas say at 30KM speed in 3rd gear .. I get a jerk pull .. the same happens when I am in 4th gear at 40-50 KM speed. When ever we just release and apply gas by pressing the pedal.. in general the vehicle should move smoothly' date=' but my vehicle gives a jerk. It was not the same before. I checked with a service manager he asked me not to use speed diesel..[/quote']

Most manufactures recommend the use of regular diesel - so please stick to that.

The issue may be bad/adulterated fuel - you may need to get the fuel lines, pump and injectors checked. Also, clean/replace your air filter. Take the car back to the service center and tell them to do a complete check.

PS: If they prove that the issue was due to bad fuel - the warranty will not apply and you will need to pay for any repairs. So be careful and observe everything they do/say carefully.

Do you feel a single jerk or a series of jerks when you leave the clutch?

If a Series then get the Water Drained from the Fuel Filter (Draining should be done every 5000kms) and replace Fuel Filter every 10Kkms.