kolkata33

Getz v/s Indigo CS

I am going to buy a new car. Budget is around 5L. I like the Getz GLS and Indigo CS modelbut confused among these. As the price, looks & space of Cs is very attractive but confused on the longterm performance for TATAs review. Getz doesn't have milage but only have the looks and interiors. Issue with i20 is only its delivery time, now the waiting time is around 2 months.

Looking for milage as I have to drive 40 kms everyday in metro city traffic.

Performance of the car and looks. I dont like Swift's looks. Please suggest the best option for me.

Its best if you can wait for i20. If not have a look at ritz if you like it. It has good efficiency in both petrol and diesel as at this price its a toss between the two. If you cant afford a diesel and want it go for indica vista qjd. Another very efficient diesel and spacious too.

Among the two you mention i would suggest none cos performance and FE of none of them is great and if you are talking diesel indigo then it is one of the worst diesel engine in india regarding its mechanical, loud and coarse.

My two cents- choose between Vista and Ritz. Go for Vista QJET only, petrol doesnt have power while other diesel are shared with indigo and are coarse

Tata has poor long-term reliability. But Vista is far better than older models of Tata. You can trust on it, it has an engine from Fiat.

Select from Ritz and Vista, as i20 is out of your budget.

As Rahul said, if it is Vista, then only diesel.

Thanks guys....can you please tell me the milage for Vista Qjet and Cs Dicor and petrol Cs GLX.

As I already mentioned I need to travel 40kms daily within city, will it be efficient for buying diesel car. The speedometer position in vista looks something odd to me however it doesnt matter with the performance.

The CS is a nice compact sedan, I find it ideal in city traffic. The diesel I have selected only for long distance travel.

In that the diesel has no comparision. My family is small hence we find it comfortable to let all the luggage to sit in the booth and have the interiors for relaxing.

Power wise I don't find it lacking on the Highway I can comfortably maintain 120 Kmph and the diesel rate is the most attractive benifit of all the things.

If you ignore the small aspect of super smoothness or the NVH levels relatively higher than petrol cars, it is the car for you.

Thanks Anijog. I also like that car and pretty much decided to go for that. I need to drive 40 km daily and around 1000k /month. Will it be cost effective for me with extra maintaining cost. Plz let me know how much extra maintainance cost for this diesel (Dicor). And what is mileage you are getting.

Thanks everyone for your valuable comments. I am still confused b/w Indigo Cs Glx or Getx 1.3 Gvs. I am going for Petrol model as I will be driving appx. 1000km/mnth. and due to my job I may need to go out of country for long term while the car will be in garage.

As per my review Cs has better mileage (12 compared to 10), space than Getz but Getz is much smooth, comfortable & reliable. Cs has a noise issue as well as engine is not as good as Getz.

Both comes below 5L and looks are attractive to me. I need to book this car by this week so please suggest your valuable feedback.

Dont go for Indigo, its fit and finish is crude and Tdi in not refined ...

Go for Vista Qjet, it gives you features, space, comfort, refinement, performance, looks and better fit and finish...If not book & wait for i20...

I think you are highly mistaken. The Getz Prime gives good fuel economy compared to Indigo GLX . Another car you can consider is Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Magna or Sportz variant which is a brilliant car and is much more fuel efficient, superb sporty suspension,superior fit and finish, lovely beige interiors, perfect balance of handling and comfort, superbly refined 1.2Kappa 80bhp MPFi free revving engine which is way more refined than Indigo CS GLX and Hyundai Getz GLS.The Hyundai Getz internationally has been replaced by i20 so the Getz in that sense is an old model. Whereas the i10 hasnt been replaced in any market rather its Hyundai's global model and would enter US market this year and Indigo CS cannot be taken into consideration, as it is made exclusively for Indian market.I think the best car suited for your requirement is the Hyundai i10 because

1. Its a Hyundai product.

2. Maintenance and Spare parts are a cheaper than Getz.

3.A very successful car. It's Hyundai's most successful car in the 21st century. Its the first Hyundai small car that is being manufactured only in Chennai and marketed globally. Go for it. Even I live in Kolkata too.
swiftvxi062009-05-22 10:48:23

Dear friends, I am totally agree with you on i10 & i20 but as I have a santro already, buying this car for extra space with modarate mileage and less budget, Cs & Getz comes to my pic. I had taken the TD of Cs. The space within that budget is unbelievable. Suspension and rear seat comfort is really great, rather better than hyundai and it was smooth. Surely the 1.2 cant give you that much power but withing this price range this compact sedan is really VFM, if it wont give you trouble in future. Regarding Getz, hyundai itself are not sure how long they will continue this model, but it wont be a problem, but it is overpriced as per its performance & comfort. Somehow I feel, hyundai himself are not interested  much to sell Getz or i20. And here for i20, have to wait appx 2 mnths. This is my opinion after taking the TD of both the car.

Dicor engine is really good. I have taken the TD of both dicor and petrol. Noise and vibration issue is handled with care in this Dicor.

I will let you know my exp after getting this car.

Thanks Anijog. I also like that car and pretty much decided to go for that. I need to drive 40 km daily and around 1000k /month. Will it be cost effective for me with extra maintaining cost. Plz let me know how much extra maintainance cost for this diesel (Dicor). And what is mileage you are getting.

My car is relatively new July 08 model hence still under warranty, no maintenance cost yet, urban driving cycle is @15kmpl and highway driving cycle is @22 kmpl got recently on a 600Kms round trip a/c on through out.

CS Tdi do a good PDI before selecting the car, check the dt of mfg and examine all aspects, door shut lines, boot, bonnet etc, TD the car you want to select for some distance and check the way it drives any noises etc, best to go for the freshest of the stock

Yes, I have chosen the Silver one, which is out of stock, so they told me it will be a fresh one. But I will take a TD before taking. But I am taking petrol GLX as I might have to go for long term outside due to my job and it will run @1000km/mnth. What do you suggest. My friends are asking me to go for Dicor, but it will be > 5L.

Go for the TATA C.Locking it is reliable and will get serviced at the workshop, don't look at fancy stuff, they may not be very reliable.

With low running best to go for petrol, DICOR is diesel are u going in for the LX or the GLX, the GLX is petrol.

the New car comes with the XL headlamps and beige interiors, correct?

anijog2009-06-01 15:18:11