geo86

RITZ or SWIFT

I am very confused now.

one month back i booked swift diesel (vdi). now maruti's new car is in market, RITZ.

when i checked the brochure RITZ vdi and Swift vdi has the same technology (engine side, power, torque etc). i only saw some difference in the style, space and the body, and the price is less than swift.

any opinions, should i wait for RITZ???

Geo...I am not a avid maruti Suzuki Fan when it comes to there interiors, however from last 4 years I still feel proud when I drive my Esteem. It was last week when I got a chance to test drive the base variant (diesel)..of Maruti Ritz..& my personal check list says:

Engine Response: Great, the car is very light to drive & has a big car feel to it. Its very zip & has a great pull. Though the interiors are not that impressive...

My Rating: 8/10 (diesel Base Varient)

Ritz is Bh stg IV, Swift is not, performance will be not same as the swift as the engine is tuned to meet the B stg IV emission norms, but maybe more fuel efficient. Reviews say the Ritz is better built than the Swift, it is more spacious and more comfortable. I would go for the Ritz Vdi. 

ritz is more spacious @ the rear..has a better mileage then swift..also is cheaper with better quality..and actually it looks much better than the same in photos...to me ritz is better than swift!!

Well ritz is for better overall package but if you love driving then go for the swift also ACI reports that there is a lag in the ritz which is not felt in swift diesel which is tuned for better low end response.

Woah! Almost all recommending Ritz to Swift. Nice to see, looks like the rear started to look better. Also Swift is way too common on the roads. Ritz would be a better option if you want better interiors, rear space , hopefully no rattles. If you still love the Swift go for it buddy. Cheers.

wow!!! now I've a strong feeling to go for RITZ. swift got better looks than RITZ, i mean a sporty look. i don't worry that too much. for family use RITZ is more than enough, besides it is cheaper and has more space.

At best, I can ask you to wait and see. A 'pucca' comparo is yet to be done. I think, more than anything else, Ritz will be competition maily to the Swift. The first drive impressions are, at best, sketchy. Or take a test drive of both and then decide.

Hi geo, if you would be using this car for your entire family, depending on the no., if its 4-5, Ritz all the way because its more spacious & comfortable. Also, the seating is a bit higher.

In case, if 2-3 people are going to use the car & you have a boy racer in you, Swift is the one to go for!

I have a strong feeling that come April 2010 the Swift is in for a heart transplant. If they put in a 1.3 engine expect about 95-100 horses out of it. It is almost certain to be a DOHC job. Should be more economical as well. I must however add that the current engine derived from the Esteem/Zen is a real beauty.

I disgree with you sgiitk they won't invest more on the 1.3lt engine they will just put the 1.2lt KB series motor .this is also said in ACI confidential . A DOHC means better breathing and more efficient burning sso more horses will add up automatically with better FE ,this tech is boasted by the Kappa but can be put in any engine. .Modified headers will do the job.

i recently got a chance to have a ride of the newly launched ritz.it was a zxi with abs model.to start of with,the looks are far more catchy than they look in the pic. in some views it looks like some cute toy car! the interiors are very refreshing! central console is superb! gear knob is well placed. the display is awesome! rear seating is a higher and legroom is better than swift! lastly the boot is just enough!!!now with the engine,, the 1.2 engine is zippy but refinement is not electric,,,it felt as refined as the current swift!! the view while driving is gr8 that's bcoz of higher seats!but the driving pleasure is not that gr8!!!so to count overall,,if you want a drivers car,,,go for a swift anytime! else if you want a family car or a car with better interiors ,,go for ritz!

@rssh: DOHC is nothing new. I remember the 1.6 in the Accent, and the upgraded Cielo (I forget the exact name) had it. So even in run of the mill cars in India it is old hat. As for the 1.3 it is most probably going to be the 4/3 version of the AStar engine.

sgiitk2009-05-21 09:57:13

Yes I remember the accent DOHC very much in fact you can see DOHC written on its trunk when it was launched . Also Suzuki should have new engines for the WagonR and Estilo too but the 1.0lt a star engine is peppy but 3 cylinder whine may not go well to many so will they detune ritz engine and put in WagonR or is there going to be some new overall model like Ignis or wagonR +.

ritz is more spacious @ the rear..has a better mileage then swift..also is cheaper with better quality..and actually it looks much better than the same in photos...to me ritz is better than swift!!

Does Ritz better Swift in mileage? I doubt that. Because of the fact Ritz is 35kg heavier than Swift(both VDi).

Expect lesser performance and mileage in Ritz.

If you prefer driving, Swift still betters Ritz.

Swift is too more common nowadays. It depends on your requirement, you decide between Swift and Ritz. Also take care of wait period of both cars. Swift's wait list should have reduced now, i guess.

ritz....is surely better than swift...it has got better engine in petrol ( although i read somwhere that ritz petrol engine is not as free reving as older swift engine ...the test driver said that he was surprised to c that a suzuki engine is not moving to upper band of power freely ..as they r famous for )...but otherwise ..u get same diesel as swift , marginally better soace , better quality than swift ( but swift was not a standard fot qulity )...but it is cheaper and wud be more fuel efficient ....

but u get lesser boot space than swift ...

so if it is going to b used mostly in city than it is better option than swift ...in other words u can say swift to be taken to college and ritz to be taken to office ...

and personally i do like the looks of ritz over swift ...the rear of ritz although not conventional but make u stand out in the crowd ...

@rssh: DOHC is nothing new. I remember the 1.6 in the Accent' date=' and the upgraded Cielo (I forget the exact name) had it. So even in run of the mill cars in India it is old hat. As for the 1.3 it is most probably going to be the 4/3 version of the AStar engine.

[/quote']

The first DOHC in India was probably the Daewoo Nexia (was a gem of an engine - and nexia's are still sought after in the used car market).

IMO - A more important factor when comparing engines would be their reliability (time between overhauls - etc.)

Case in point - The three pot Hyundai diesel (Accent) and the Fabia's 1.4 petrol.

The Hyundai Accent diesel was a good performer but that particular engine had a lot of failures (oil circulation issues mostly). The Fabia petrol also has a lot of engine related complaints.