lalitha

zen estilo

Im planning to buy a car of about 4lacs. I had finalised on Zen estilo but now having second thoughts. Im considering hyundai i10, santro & maruti ritz. Is my earlier choice fine or the latter ones better?

Depends on what you want. I will look at the Ritz and i10 Kappa as the cars of choice. Remember the Estilo is a poor shadow of the original Zen. It shares the platform with the Alto and WagonR.

there is a boot in the ritz but its size is too small that is 178 ltr. hyundai i 10 kappa is the best of the lot. it has got refined engine,best interior quality n good space.its boot size is also better as its 225 ltr.i will say go for the best, hyundai i 10 kappa.

The no. of doors in the ritz is mentioned as 4 as compared to zen estilo' date=' does that mean there is no boot?

[/quote']

All hatch backs can be called a 5 door design, the Ritz is a hatchback hence the hatch is the 5th door. The i10 has already become too common, if you are buying best to go for a fresh design, though the i10 is good, the Ritz will be better on all aspects, its a Maruti after all

Zen Estillo normally has big discounts.  If it can be had at a slight premium to the Alto I think it is a good buy.  Another good buy is the Spark.  It is available at a discount of Rs. 60,000 and can probably be negotiated further.  It also comes with 3 year free maintenance.  Since GM is in trouble in the US, discounts have been going up.

a car is something which will you gonna use for long.

peace of mind is big thing and if spending little more is giving you peace of mind, then its not bad at all.

if your budget allows you, then go for either Santro, i10 D-lite, WagonR

or if you can't stretch your budget, then stick to Alto. dont go for spark dear

Why you are shying away from Indica Vista ? Even Indica XETA is much much better option than the ZEN Estilo.

You have (Petrols)

==> Hyundai Getz, : Old but still a great big Hatch with nice zippy engine and nice interior with big boot.

==> Hyundai i10, : Very cool looking with great first class interior and an amazing engine.

==> Indica Vista, : Big car, with modern interior, Fiat Engine, TATA's rock solid reliability, a great highway cruiser but with not very good fit and finish

==> Indica XETA, : A nice big petrol car as an option for with small small glitches making you feel "something is missing" while driving. Not a great car

==> Alto : A car from most reliable company in India. Very reliable and for long term but not adviseable for highways, great fuel economy, very small and purely 4 seater.

==> Chevrolet UV-A : A good option from great American Company, nice interiors, looks is matter of choice but make us to remember fiat UNO.

==> Fiat Palio : A great car with nice engine, driving experience, great handling, a typical driver's car from makers of 'Ferrari' .

Best of Luck for your new Purchase. smiley20.gif

Thanks to all for your suggestionssmiley1.gif

Planning to finalise on Maruthi Ritz Lxi as its very spacious, hopefully will give good mileage & its a looker also its from the most reliable of the companies smiley2.gif

Ritz is definitely a good buy and is newly launched too but Lxi has less features, so try to go for the Vxi which is costlier by around 30k.

i10 is a very good car and has better interiors than Ritz but Ritz seems to have bit more space and is a new car.

*Bump*

Found this thread to be a little relevant to Estilo, so posting here instead of a new thread.

Maruti-Suzuki to launch new Estilo next week.

Engine will probably come from A-Star.

can u wait upto mid of next month or upto Navratras , if yes then there will be a New version of ZEN Estilo for you by maruti.. i dont knw what type of modification will be there . but news is 100% confirmed.

if you can't wait then go for i10 1.2L sports kappa ....... but if cost is concern then opt Estilo it is coming with discount upto 40,000

& in case of i10 discount will be just 21,000 if u r a govt employee (in service or Retired) plus accessories.

so decision will be urs ..but as per my choice & performence factor i advise u to go with i10 1.2 L Sports Kappa.

Congrads on your decision. You will not go wrong with Ritz. It has the most spacious interior, best engine, best ride comfort and handling among the the cars which you have listed. I am an owner of one, in diesel form and loving it! Though it is a car meant for city use, it is fairly comfortable for long journeys as well, aided by the superb ride comfort. Moreover, it was rated as the best car among the 1.2lit car lot by auto car india August issue. :-)

Go ahead and buy one for you. And do post the review. :-)   

Zen estilo is basically a wagonR in new packaging....considering the excellent resale value the wagonR enjoys(one of the highest in the market along with Honda City) i.e. 55% after 3 years i recommend that over Estillo any day....same engine, same chassis and same everything....

But compared to the other choices i10 is the obvious choice considering it is technologically and ergonomically the bast choice....while the wagonR and estillo are more than 10-15 year old designs the i10 is only 2 year old....it is the market leader with around 10000 units a month(only alto ahead with about 18000, but it is a diff category of car) it should be the obvious choice.....the ride, handling, build quality, hyundai's legendary service make it the best possible price for that budget....im sure others will agree that it is leaps and bounds ahead of the estillo.....a complete different generation

i10

It is always ok to take Ertilo because of the steal price. Of course its because of the lesser sales according to Maruti standards. However, it is selling better than Chevy Spark. It will be a real pain to resell a Spark, forget about the resale value! Estilo, though lesser than cars like wagon R and i10 will fetch good resale value. I am not saying that Estilo is superior to cars like i10. They come with lot of goodies, at a considerably higher price. So it is always wise to go for Estilo, if you are in a tight budget.

And with the awaiting face lift, the sales will pick up for sure. :-)

The new engine and facelift will improve the sales of Estilo which i feel is one of the worst hatch in India and i hardly find anything good about it except maruti's A.S.S. Cars like Spark, Santro were way better than the Estilo and even Wagon R is better.