yamahaR15

getz cheaper ..!!

Hyundai India is offering the Getz Prime CRDi at a special price of

Rs. 5,09,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for a limited period. The Getz CRDi

never really took of, for two reasons. One being the Swift Diesel and

the other being Hyundai

Hyundai hardly marketed the Getz CRDI . The company claims they didnt have much margins in that variant. Surely looks like giving way to i20 CRDi. I think with launch of i20 crdi sales would increase further. 

Well I think Getz CRDi is a disaster because the handling of the car isn't good and were will the 110 horses go with those thin tyres and lack of saety features ABS is no optional and only one varient GVS which has no creatue comforts one shouldn't look at it.

Well atleast we can now be sure that a good diesel can be expected in i20 now .Allso I think the Verna may end up getting 1.6lt CRDi or a higher output 1.4lt CRDi in 2010.

It's a half hearted car, with a powerful engine and total lack of safety feature's. I wouldn't buy it. If the i20 with 80 hbp/11.4 kgm get's 6 airbags, ABS,EBD. Then what Getz with 110bhp/25kgm should have. It must be a running 'death trap'; it's as powerful as the diesel Elantra with no safety feature's to speak of. Ditto for Hyundai Verna CRDI. It should come with airbag's too, not just ABS/EBD.

I guess, the Getz CRDI was the most half-hearted attempt made by a car manufacturer in India. They could have saved all that money and launched the i20 on a larger scale in India - their current attitude suggests any income on the i20 in India is a bonus.

So when are the new variants of the i20 coming? Hopefully just around the Jazz 1.2 launch. (8L OTR Bangalore? Are you kidding me?)

Jupiter2009-05-23 10:03:10