porscher

PUC Certificate

After purchasing a new car , when should the first PUC certificate be obtained ?

After how many months of initial ownership ?
I think now u get a green colored sticker which can be pasted onto the windshield .It is valid for six months .

When should i get the first one please enlighten? after how many months after delivery ?

thanking you in advance

When I owned the Accent it was annual road tax that I paid so had to get PUC everytime I paid road tax annually. With Elantra since it's lifetime tax I haven't got PUC checked even once. I don't see any PUC centre's off late after lifetime tax came into vogue.

Raviji,

Don't the cops ask PUC for your car? I must say you are Lucky smiley32.gifthat you are able to drive the car without PUC in Metro City like Chennai.

But its better to check the PUC, not for the Cops but for ourselves. We can trace if anything is wrong with the Vehicle observing the PUC Details.

There is a member on this forum who owns Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi (Fuel Injection). His Bike's PUC reads 7-8%smiley7.gif. His bike has covered more than 10,000kms.

Shocking when compared to my Pulsar 180 DTS-i's  0.244%. My bike has covered 11,800+kms.

EDIT:

He has to get the CO adjusted at every service interval (2500kms).

Despite being a Fuel Injected Bike, it pollutes more than Carburetor-Bike.smiley3.gif

sudeepd2009-05-21 12:19:56

For each new car, the manufacturer gives the mandatory declaration about safety, PUC etc., through RTA Format Form 22. However, this does not say anything about the expiry of the PUC certification. It is mentioned on the sticker which is usually placed on the passenger side of the windshield. The PUC rules say that the vehicle should be checked and certified every 6 months. So, that's it...

Get it done within that time schedule, to avoid unnecessary headaches with some smart traffic police ....

RTO regulations are different in states. In Maharashtra the PUC is required after the new vehicle is 6 mnths old.

Goa is also the same.

Gujarat I havn't seen any PUC centers nor enforcement of the same

PUC machines are useless. The only reason they are actually still around is so that the govt. can make money on people taking PUC and make more money from people not taking a PUC certification.

PUC machines are useless. The only reason they are actually still around is so that the govt. can make money on people taking PUC and make more money from people not taking a PUC certification.

I don't agree here, there is a law and everyone needs to abide by it. If the machine is not working as it should is a different matter althogether. If your car is well maintained it is bound to pass. Not getting a PUC because everone else is not getting it is leading nobody anywhere.!!

PUC must first be enforced on "Babudom" Amby's' date=' Govt. Buses, truck's, then you can force down the throat's of the Aam Janta.[/quote']

Not to forget the Smoke Emitting City Buses, Trucks, Autorickshaws, "Poorly-Maintained Vehicles", and "Adulterated Fuel (Intentionally mixing Kerosene to lower Fuel Bills) Using Vehicles".

Soon I will get PUC for our cars too. I will be able to trace the health of the Vehicle to some extent.

well the scenario is quite different in delhi.

the cops are after your life to sight the puc certificate.

here the validity is just 3 months. needless to add that it is deemed by the law.

Well no one has asked me for PUC certificate they first ask for license then Insurance and registeration papers but no PUC .. Also is it mandatory to get insurance on every car ?COz I don't have insurance since last 2 years.

Well no one has asked me for PUC certificate they first ask for license then Insurance and registeration papers but no PUC .. Also is it mandatory to get insurance on every car ?COz I don't have insurance since last 2 years.

Under the Motor Vehicles act of the GOI you have to have a insurance in place the least you can do is take a 3rd party. Not having insurance and still driving on the roads in irresponsible and immature... sorry, you asked for it!!

its mandatory as per the law to have atleast a 3rd party insurance ! driving with no insurance is surely an offence . you are lucky to evade the cops for two years !

I had just checked the PUC of our Indigos. The photo copy is attached below--

Machine Report of Indigo XL Grand DiCOR (May 2007)80,000+kms.

ac9798.jpg

Machine Report of Indigo LS (May 2004)1,65,970kms.

n7998.jpg

Front Side of PUC--

photo11wmv.jpg

Backside of PUC--

photo12rgp.jpg

The Smoke Density in Hartridge Smoke Units for both PUCs is written as 25.2%. How did this figure come?

Can someone please tell me how was "Smoke Density in Hartridge Smoke Units" in above PUC Certificates calculated?

Please refer Machine Printout and tell me the Procedure of calculating the Smoke Density.

Also Please tell me for what duration should the Sensor Pipe be inserted in the Exhaust before taking the printout of the Report?

PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL.

Sudeep.

sudeepd2009-06-11 11:13:39

The smoke Density is not mentioned in the Machine Report (1st and 2nd pic).

But the attendant wrote 25.2% in the column shown by 3rd pic.

Thats why I wanted to know how did the attendant calculated the Smoke Density.

When I asked him, he replied Smoke Density is One Third of Lambda Reading. Is it True?