P_One

Scoop! New Indigo With A Smaller Boot.

Tata Motors is working on a new Indigo Compact sedan, which will be under 4 metres in length and hence qualify for the excise cut, thus being approximately 30,000 rupees cheaper. It will make a great alternative to a big hatchback, and looks set to answer a question that no one's asked yet, but a pertinent question nonetheless. 

Ohh boyy. but the new TATA INDICA DICOR which is due is also bigger than the Current Indica. what has Happpened to TATA in an Year or soo?????

Isnt TATA pouring in Models Back to BAck??

Firstly the Indica Turbo followed by the Xeta.

Later new Indigo with Dual chanber headlights and biege interior and next the Indigo XL DICOR Grand and then the DICOR CLASSIC

Later came the Indigo DICOR LX followed by DICOR LS.

The XETA 1.2 Was launched.

Facelift of Indica was laucnched. with DLS TURBO too.

Later was the SAFARI 2.2 and then came the INDICA Turbo DLX with ABS and airbags.

Well next it will be the INDICA DICOR(seen the pic in last month Autocar MAG)

Soo another One???? is this really true??????

hmm .

Well compacting the size will make no sense for a sedan. People who buy sedan want a big car feeling and not a compact or else there are premium car for it .They should have increased the Indica's wheelbase instead and call it Indica XLL the XXclusive longue .Who knows when the XXXL version comes . TATA we want a different looking car which doesnot share anything with Indica.

All the Tata cars fall in the 70bhp or 100 bhp depending on petrol and diesel. And what you get is a mix and match of features. I hope they also think about quality, too, as their products are light years off the mark. Though they look good from a distance one close look you'll see all the crude elements, and take em for a spin it's even cruder. Better to be driven than to drive. It's time that Tata took quality seriously, I think that's why Dr.Sumantran left Tata Motor's, as he did not get the quality from the truck maker. And by the way, does Ratan Tata drive one of his own products.

I agree with DD, Tata cars are better to be driven in than to drive.  Personally I have the habit of getting into the driver's seat of all my friends' cars.  That's obviously my favourite seat!  But when I'm in a Tata, barring the Safari and even the mini trucks, I would rather rest in the comfortable back seat!

Nonetheless hats off to Tata for being so commited to the Indian market and constantly improving their products.  It is true that no manufacturer understands the Indian market more than Tata.  Good or bad, their vehicles really are selling like hot cakes!

Jitz

Yes there has been a large portfolio from tata for the past couple of years. i appreciate it but it would have been even better if they could have made the Reliabilty better and good for long term use.

Tata is testing an Indigo with a smaller boot. The length has been reduced to fit under 4 meters. This will entitle it for a tax subsidy and should result in a lower pricetag along with better balanced proportions.

Indigo07main.jpg

Indigo07main1.jpg

FRG

nice one frg. which engine will it come in 1.4 dicor or turbo. what may be the aproximate pricing and when will it be launched ?  the Fornt shape looks like the new indica so buyers will miss the Dual chamber headlights????

pryas2007-10-26 10:22:26

I appreciate Tata's policy for giving the economical cars which do the job they're intended for..but this one looks like the designers went trigger-happy on the front and rear......looks too tapered-off!! 

Yes there has been a large portfolio from tata for the past couple of years. i appreciate it but it would have been even better if they could have made the Reliabilty better and good for long term use.

ok granted, but how about being fair and also saying that we would like Tata pricing from honda and toyota ? ?????

Apart from electricals, I've not had issues with Tatas. Even the Safari has bad electricals, but they are a lot better than the horror stories I've heard. Its still new so maybe a little to early to tell. Wait for a long term report.

FRG

Well you are lucky FRG but Indica starts rattling in 4 months of normal driving (15km per day).

u sure your not talking about a swift ?

only ratttle on the indi comes from under the bonnet - diesel clatter