Amit9999

Ritz vs i20 Vs Jazz. Which is the best to choose?

Hi,

I am looking to buy a good hatch with premium features and safety.

I have shortlisted the cars as below( TOP END petrol variants only)

1. Ritz zxi

2. i20 asta

3. Jazz topend

4. Fabia 1.2 elegance

I am not inclined to anyone as of now. I am looking for a good, comfortable, good suspensions, safe and  fatigue free driving hatch. Pls help me in choosing one with your honest opinions highlighting all pros and cons of each. My driving would be around 1100 kms in city and 200-500 kms on highway per month

If price is no concern, Jazz fulfills the requirements.

Otherwise, Fabia is also a premium hatch & going on good discounts these days.

i20 is a middle of the road hatch, has premium features & saves money.

my comments.

Premium Features and Safety.

Ritz - NO NO NO

i20 - Yes, Yes, Yes

Jazz - YES, NO, YES

Fabia - YES, YES, YES

Since u drive more in city...i20 looks good.

Jazz will cost around 7 lacs, so if you are fine with it then Jazz is the one to go for.

Ritz is a good car but not as good as the other cars you are considering.

Fabia is underpowered with poor FE and is expensive to maintain, so don't even consider going for it.

i20 looks good, has premium features with good FE and is cheaper to maintain. The only flaw is the perfomance, you testdrive one and see if performance is good enough for you.

So if price is not a problem then go for Jazz or else decide between i20 and upcoming GPtanmay872009-05-22 08:27:12

Well if you wan't features, safety and comfort, but you really don't want excellent performance, i20 is the one to go for, it has everything which a 15L car can have including 6 Airbags.

jazz the best of the lot ...best engine with maximum power ...most spacious ..good build ...and the biggest boot as well ....not to forget it will fatch the highest resale value at the end....so if u can wait for the jazz , nothing better than that ....but it will be most expensive in the competition ...

fabia ...toughest build ..very spacious..boot is also good at around 300l ...best ride ...but weak engine and not as great after sale service as others ...

i20...again as spacious as fabia ..enough boot space at 295l ....great build quality ...good engine for city ...great looks inside and out ...and the great after sale service of hyundai....with innumerable numbers of features ..

remember jazz will not be as feature rich as i20...

ritz ...not a premium hatch i believe ...less spacious than any of others...not sufficient boot space at just 178l...cheapest build quality as compared to others ...and not as good looking as others...buy it only if u r looking for deisel ..but dont expect it to be as comfort rich as premium hatch ....

so at last ..i wud suggest ..either wait for jazz that will be the best option ...or go for i20 ...it has what u want and much more ..

happy buying ...

1st of all you cant compare Ritz with i20 and Jazz...And regarding jazz you have to wait for just some time i.e 10th june...Till then i would prefer i20 for its sheer space, looks, features(in Asta especially), reliability, resale, quality and its Made in India model but Made for whole world and thus is made targeting better markets than india so you can expect a good product overall.....

as a owner of i20 , i can say u will like this baby sedan..... its interiors are best, features are superb, & driving comfort & Space are again superb....

only thing that is lacks a diesel engine......

but dnt worry my i2o is giving about 13 to 14 KMPL in city. & 16.5 PLUS on highway... what more u can expect from a hatchback segment petrol engine car.

ritz is again a compressed car.. i dnt knw why a company like maruti is just concentrating on Fuel economy.. space , features are now secondry issues for maruti... after the Zen petrol & Dsl maruti is just doing experiments.

ask from the 2nd hand car sellers or professionals they will guide u maruti car just for FE...

ritz no doubt giving 16 + petrol & 20 @ Dsl engine resp. but space is again a problem in this car....

Hi Amit,

With your kind of usage it is advisable to go for a diesel hatch.

In diesel you have Fabia, Ritz, Swift and upcoming Grande punto

Now your requirements are of premium features and safety.... so strike off swift and Ritz.

You have only 2 options Fabia and upcoming Punto.

Iam using Fabia diesel, as a car its a wonderful product, but Iam a little sceptical about Skoda.

Reg Punto - It will have a great 1.3L engine and should be a very competitively priced product which is worth the wait.

Pls comment.

Uneet

smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifi have i 20 magna,  & i m fully satisfied with it........

Nice interiors, gr8 features like, aux, fm, cd player with 4 speakers & 2 tweeters.....

Light @ boot space, easy to read display with every information on it..

Smooth gear ratio, inside glove box to keep 2 to 3 bottles of water cool... defogger, loveable outlining style.. Etc etc etc.....

In asta model u will find only steering music control, 2 Air Bags, USB & abs..... but these things are not necessary if ur driving speed in under control......

Rest it all depend on ur budget......

I got magna @ 4.80lacs + 25K (Road Tax, Insurance, & seat covers leather Etc).

asta i think in Chandigarh is about 5.59lacs..smiley1.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley1.gif

Since you have got the money, just go for jazz. It might not be a value for money, but the resale value will also be better, since it is a honda. If you cannot wait for it , consider i20 or Ritz zxi. I especially like the beige- brown interior of i20. Handling also better, due to low centre of gravity. But higher seats in Ritz is an advantage. Ride comfort also better than i20. Space is ok in Ritz, but the boot space will be lesser. The engine also better than i20.

i20 is the car for you. I am surprised that these days, potential buyers dont put "looks and styling" as a criteria. They all look at FE, leg space, boot space, even resale value but forget looks and styling.

I personally thing that i20 is the best looking hatch in India right now. Both interiors and exteriors are excellent. Even i thought that i20 is under powered but once i test drove it, my doubts were cleared. It has good enough power to be driven in the city or the highway. Its loaded with features. If you have the money, then go for the Asta model as ABS does come handy in rainy conditions, plus it has fog lamps,alloys and climate control along with many other features.

I am too keen on buying one by the end of this year.

Good Luck !!!!

my uncle got his i20 recently...what a car man ...u cant take ur eyes away from it for some time ....just too gud to resist ...and it is indeed fantastic value for money....

RITZ is no more comparative with I20 and JAZZ...

RITZ is rool out of competetion it is looking ugly.

Ergonomics features Interiors Exteriors and performance it won't comparative..

Better include swift.........?

wait till the punto is launched or else go for the i20,its currently i think the best looking premium hatch.but ritz would be a wise decision to go for as now a days the roads are too congested nd there is no less numbers of ***** bikers nd rikshaws who would put a scratch in ur costly beauty nd at the end of the day u ll be sad hearted that some1 has put a scratch on ur babys bumper or sidessmiley19.gif as the same happened with my dzire nd the sx4 nd even with my both bikes,i am very sad for them as i love all of them very much.so today i think if we had gone for some small hatches or some small 100 or 125 cc bikes i would'nt have felt that much pain.

accha m really very sorry for my boring but painfull story.

anyways its ur choice.  

comparison is good. but not usefull for them who are willing to purchase base of mid version....... i think in another question named( i20 or swift) u will get nice pics & nice comparison chart of these hatchback model......... try to get some help from that question ..i thnk it should be a discussion about 30 to 32 pages long