Sign in to follow this  
rkarthik1986

Mileage of Honda CIty Automatic

Hi Guys,

What is the mileage of honda city automatic?

How much is the differencce between the automatic and the manual's mileage?

Is there any features extra in the automatic model..

Also Honda revised it price by 35K after the apprecciation of dollar, but now since dollar is coming down will Honda reduce its prices or still keep looting us?

And finally, when are they going to update their interiors, I've heard that they would be doing it from a year after launch..

Well if you are talking about the new city the difference its about 1kmpl .

The new one has torque converter system were as the older one had simpler CVT which wasn't responsive.

Yes, the diff. in mileages isn't huge but the benifits of Auto box are tremendous. Plus, the use of paddle shifts is very exciting.

About price reduction, we wish they do so, but these matters are close kept secrets!

Im using the ANHC MT since almost 2 months. Im regularly getting around 11km/l with A/c in City driving . 14-15km/l in Highway trips.  I think in AT you can easily get between9-10km/l in city driving.

Right now sales of most sedans are down. Frankly i dont think City will get any minor upgrades for more than a year. Though the ACI April issue did mention about minor upgrade in interior trim(which to me is a big time let down) this year end/next yr beginning.

About price cuts- Jazz will be launched next month so i dont think Honda will reduce City prices as they want to charge hefty premium on Jazz.

Well if you are talking about the new city the difference its about 1kmpl .

The new one has torque converter system were as the older one had simpler CVT which wasn't responsive.

All ATs must have a TC. The difference is that the new AT had torque converter lockup. In other words once you are faster than a threshold speed the torque converter is locked out and transmission is a mechanical auto.

The Civic and City have the same AT. I was surprised to see that as per US EPA ratings the highway mpg figure is 1 mpg higher for the AT. The city is of course significantly lower due to the TC coming into play.

Hi, am using the ANHC AT for 2 months and the average is 10.5 KM in pure Bombay city driving conditions.Am not sure about the mileage in MT, but having driven MT before for almost 25 years, driving an AT is an absolute pleasure especially in a city like Bombay.