Sign in to follow this  
pritm

Commercial vehicle Thread

There are so many threads related to buying and owning of cars. But found a vaccum space related to commercial Vehicles. So just started one.

This industry is very challenging unlike car industry.

The extent of reliability, durability the vehicles offer are very high and are sometimes higher than what they are intended to give.

The amount of abuse the vehicles are subjected to is definetely far ahead even to the imagination of design engineer.

They never protest aganist that ,live happily for about a million kms atleast and disappear eventually.

Still in India the Commercial Vehicle Segment is dominated by home grown biggies like Tata Motors and Askokleyland.

Its only a pie of market share is with International Giants like Volvo,Mercedes Benz etc.

So do post your views and thoughts relating to comercial vehicles in India and abroad.How do u like to see this industry in future?

and other facts and figures related to CV's.

Well I really like the 407 Tata  it is fuel efficient powerful and reliable and I drove it at 16 years old and we can see it is still very popular .

Although I like the mid size of the buses made by eicher but don't see many on the roads . We have our very own Bests which has a tata or Ashoka leyland chassie and the body made by fifferent brand like Ruby, In coach , Bether , Nilemma ,and many others and all look different may but Best might have been experimenting a lot.

Well the first vehicle i drove is 407, it is not a good handler at speeds and also at loads(driver's opinion). 407 has a durable engine, but body rattles are more. Other than engine, it gave lot of problems, so we sold it. Later i drove Eicher, its quite good to drive. It is quite fuel efficient, only a bit less to 407, no problems till date. But i was totally carried over by the way Swaraj Mazda is to drive, it is just new, so don't know much about it other than driving.

Good thread Pritm...I always wanted to drive a truck or LCV but never got a chance...But Eicher and swaraj mazda have good products overall..

The majority of market is dominated by Tata and Ashok leylend of which later one's share is reducing in this market...Overall for now the growth in this segment is negative..

There is also one another Kutch, Gujarat based company, AMW(Asian motor works i think), they really make some good trucks, they looks good, drives well and also are equipped well and are competitive too where price is concerned... Essar situated in Hazira, Surat have bought some of these and painted to red and they look no less than a Volvo/Merc...

Some of its pics are follows..

4923_XXL.jpg

photomsid=2687688 
bluesapphire2009-05-28 08:04:07

hey pritm ..please don't start threads which are similar to Team-BHP. I am saying this because  there is some discussion on this topic that thread started in Team-BHP is duplicated here. So we need to start a thread which given unique identity to this form.

Please don

@BS: thanks. Its really a total different story while driving heavy vehicles.And these 49 tonners are real macho machines to drive.

AMW gets its cabs from FAW - China, engines from Cummins, Axles from Meritor and gear boxes from ZF.They assemble and sell them. And they make profits with least overheads.

They dont have manufacturing expertise in any aggregates except wheels.

ALL is doing very good in bus segment and even this year they maintained their leadership with over 50% market share.They are the prefered products with STU's and fleet owners for decades. The problem with ALL is they are not present in all the segments of CV industry. Their product range starts from 7.5 tonn GVW were as TML has from 1 ton.Strictly speaking ALL's products are well received only M&HCV segment ie from 16.2 ton to 49 ton. In this segment alone if you could see the share it will be around 60:40 excluding passenger segment.

@sudan: I understand but I felt this will help our forum to have a cumalative coverage in all the areas.

The next biggest thing in Commercial Vehicle is

Tata Nano pickup truck (Code: Penguin)

2.jpg

I believe that should be a higher version of Ace. where did u shot this.

have anybody spotted JNNURM funded buses in chennai.

The AL madeSLF's are really catchy with all new head light designs borrowed from its New Gen cabs offered in 4921 and 4018

I believe that should be a higher version of Ace. where did u shot this.
[/quote']

Its built upon Nano's Platform,                                  Overdrive magazine

but Nano has a monocouqe body where as Ace has a body on Chase?

Can you plz explain for me to understand the synergy between these two body types.

@pritm' date=' its just OD's quote

may be Cyrus or FRG can help us hear

Do you remember Ravi Kant's words on Nano's launch?

He said, expect a Nano like Vehicle in Commercial Vehicle soon
[/quote']

Then Bala let me put it in this way...

Its a new Ace with a higher pay load than the current one. This is for sure is a body on chase type.

I do remeber the words of Mr.Ravi Kant. I feel its about offering class leading commercial vehicles at more affordable costs than the ones currently on sale.

It cannot be taken that they offer vehicles in 1 lakh price bracket. May be 4018 TT may cost around 10 laks which actually costs around 20 lks now.