bluescorpwin

Suggestion for buying new bike

Hello to all. I want your oppinion ang suggestions regarding purchase of my next bike. As most of you know I am a proud owner of a silver Bajaj Discover Dts-i 2005 smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif model for which i had asked priviously posted as Discover modifications. I have done some new and refreshing modification to my bike. I will post the pics soon. I recently travelled to Mysore on my Discover and found the trip very tiring and unconfortable, in the city she is brilliant but she is not a highway prefering bike smiley9.gif . Hence I want to buy a second bike and have decided to go in for the new 2009 edition of the pulsar 180, 200 or the 220. Now I am crazy about the 220 smiley1.gif and want to go for it for shure but i recently took a test ride of the pulsar 180 and boy was i suprised by that bike and its engine. It felt very refined and no vibration even above 80 kms smiley4.gif. So this got me thinking about the bigger pulsar, so what do you guys suggest, what do I go for, the new 180 or the to be launched 200 or 220. I will wait for the bikes but i need your suggestions and past experience for the 200 and 220. smiley5.gif Please do not suggest me any other brands smiley7.gif for I have a brilliant Automobile engineer smiley32.gif working for bajaj and he is nothing but a genius and only he will be servicing the bike.

Thank you and sorry smiley9.gif for posting such a long story....awaiting reply soon...smiley4.gif

Well go for the P200 it looks great and has an edge than the P180 and also its silencers looks make it a class apart for the P180 .Well I didn';t like the P220 non black theme and it looks naked from below no engine cowl make it look stupid .

Look at the FZ, I find the riding position very comfortable, for my height of 6 ft and heavy built and it seems to be a good highway bike with good egronomics.

Hello Anijog, thanks for the advice. The FZ is a great city bike and a bad choice for long rides, I have driven the bike from bangalore to kolar and by the time we reached me and my friend who was my pilion had back pain and the rear seat is too small.

u can surely go for pulsar2009 edition.....pulsar180cc has been upgraded a bit with 17.03bhp still less than apache rtr 180 which is 17.3 bhp but it matters a bit little...dont have much knowledge about upgradation in 200 but 220 will definitely come with black alloy in 2009 edition,not much info about its engine upgradation

man if u can wait for some time just wait for the upgraded pulsar 200,which has to come with whole lots of goodies including the 220 fairing also as an option or otherwise go for the new 180 which also shares the same looks of the current 200 with some added power.

You have to wait for some time for some bikes to come, P200, P220. Alternatively you an consider Karizma for comfortable ride, refinement, reliability, highway manners, handling ,etc...though it is outdated and less on power(not bad though)