sahilvohra

A Diesel option

I currently drive an Esteem VX 2002 (limited edition). My driving is to the tune of approximately 1500 kms a month and i drive myself. Im looking for a diesel car (or should i be considering petrol as well?) for 8-8.5Lakhs. With the options available, im confused as hell. Suggestins are most welcome!

Cheers!

As above suggested, Fiat Linea is the way to go. Past 1800 rpm, it is a beast to drive. In addition to that, it also delivers some great FE figures. It is much more equipped than the competitors and is a total VFM. 

Even my choice would be the Fiat Linea for that price range.

Other options are Verna and Fiesta diesel. Verna is already a old horse and is dying a slow death. Wont suggest it to you now. Sales are already dwindling.

No comments about Fiesta, never was interested in it.

The best car suited to your requirements would be the Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet Emotion pack. Its got the superbly frugal yet powerful 1.3 Multijet Unit which is found in both Swift, Tata Indica Vista, Fiat Palio.

Unless you are not confident of buying a fiat or want a highway scorcher, go for the linea. If you are not confident then you can go for verna or fiesta. Among them it would be the question of lack of airbags but good low cost service in verna versus safe(equipped with airbags) less space and a costly service in the fiesta.

If you can wait till october there are strong rumours about the launch of SX4 diesel with some other minor cosmetic changes.

My choice, go for the linea.

Linea if you could agree about Fiat & TATA story (Personally i dont)

Otherwise the best bet will be verna as it is backed by Hyundai service network & low cost that Ford can only dream off

I would also advise you to go for Linea, it is undoubtedly better than Verna and Fiesta.

If you don't want to go for a Fiat then go for Verna, it has better performance and will be cheaper to maintain.

I like the Fiat Linea personally but Fiat stands no where near to Hyundai when it comes to after sales service. Hyundai is cheaper to maintain and after sales servicing is best. Go for Verna automatic as it will ease your driving.

I am looking for vehicle

I20 1.4 CRDI with 89 bhp 220 Nm torque ASTA.

Punto 1.3 VGT 86 bhp 203 Nm torque  Emotion.

Linea 1.6 VGT  with 120 bhp 306 Nm torque Emotion.

Linea 1.6 VGT  with 105 bhp 290 Nm torque Emotion.

Ford New Fiesta 1.6 TDCI

I30 1.6 CRDI

SX4 1.6 DDIS

Please sugget me witch one is better presently i have santro limited edition.

I can wait max 3 to 6 months.

dear none of the car u mentioned here have not been launched ....and i suspect that they will not be launched even in next 6 months ..

u better go for linea ....if u have good fiat/tata dealership in ur town ...or ..

u stick to verna deisel ....

@Tunnu: None of the car's mentioned are yet in the market. Only the Punto is supposedly round the corner, rest are all, at best, wishful thinking. Most of us, here, really don't have an inkling as to how these car's will turnout. If needed you can go to companies respective international website's and have a feel as to how they stack up against each other.

DD, is that not a awesome list to pick cars from?

I would definately look at the "Linea 1.6 VGT  with 120 bhp 306 Nm torque Emotion." I think this is used in Supercars championships.

smiley1.gif yes I thought verna 1.5 CRDI, this is excellent in perfermance.

Hyundai may face out the verna afte launching I30........

I am looking fresh engines and very fine tuned to meet EURO IV norms..

Oh no tunnu you are totally mistaken.

The i30 is a hatchback and the Verna is a premium sedan so no chance of Verna being phased out.

Although same can't be said about the Accent.

i30 is a premium hatchback which competes with Golf in Europe and will never come. However talking to a dealer about the Sx4 diesel he said they are planning to launch it as the FE of current car is less and they will reduce the GC and most probably the wider tyre and stick to VXi ones . I don' t know if it is going to be linea one or the new 1.6lt one.