Dear all

Thanks in Advance for your valuable time and advise

I wanted to know which brand name of car shampoo is really very good.?

Also which brand wax polish is really good ?

I plan to buy tommorrow  The goal is the car should look absoluletly new and people should ask me when did i purchase this new car smiley4.gif

We apply wax polish our self . Dust the car first the shampoo it and don't let it dry apply an old towel to quickly get rid of water now rub with newspaper now under a shade take a dry cloth and apply was in circular place it takes about 1.5hours for best looks.

Yes, we can polish the car ourselves. Before polishing make sure the car is completely washed and dry. Also the car should be free of any kind of dust otherwise you will risk scratching the paint and getting swirl marks.

Well news paper sucks moisture .there is always some moisture left even after drying it up and you literary don't have to rub it a gentle rub is all it requires.

Cleaning glass with an old newspaper is an old practice, works much better than the modern sprays). As for the paintwork I have my doubts.

For absorbency you have to have good old fashioned Newsprint (as unglazed as possible) which at one time was often called the NEPA paper. Newsprint will shed ink on to the car surface which may not be so brilliant. 

Please note if you want a wet finish on your car the best way to do it is get detailing done but first getting a polish to cut the surface of all layers of dullness, then finish off with wax polish, the polishing should be done with a machine which needs to be done once a year but waxing can be done every time the slick feel of the surface is lost or if water stays on the surface rather than rolling off, wax polish stays in our climate for max of 2 weeks, with every day cleaning of the car with plain water.

Further to stop swirl marks on the paint you should first use your garden hose with sufficent water pressure to remove the dust off the car.

Currently I am using Formula 1 Shampoo and it's quite good. But as goes here, have also heard that Amway is very good. Plan to try Amway once current one gets over.

Am not too sure if polish will also work on the rubber / platic parts e.g. fromt bumpers / tyres etc. If not, I suggest you can as well go for dashboard and  tyre polish. That will make your car more look like new, as tyres will also look brilliant black at least for a short few days!.