highflier

A good car for highway

Hey highflier,

You are asking for a good highway car for high speed runs of  about 120 - 140 km/hr.

i own an accent crdi in which i do comfortably 140 kmph smiley32.gif and i have driven a scorpio, so i would say an SUV for a high speed highway run is an absolute NO unless you are buying a honda CRV smiley4.gif. so first it should be a sedan and a diesel since long highway runs would be lighter on pocket smiley36.gif. In your budget i would say go in for the optra as it is extremely comfortable for long highway runs and i dont think indian operations of GM should be affected as they have invested in a brand new factory and new brands are in pipeline (you can wait for the cruize also). If not then the fiat linea fits the bill to the T  

Scorpio is a big NO for Highways.

City will come in your budget.

You can also wait a few days for the Punto.

Linea is under powered, so might not perform on Highways.

Verna should also qualify your requirements.

Innova diesel is the best of the vehicle's you have opted for. I have been 'driven' in it and can vouch for the absolute comfort the vehicle provides. At speed you'll be hard pressed to say it's a diesel. For the highway look no further than the Innova. It's impeccable and has no handling problem's unlike the skateboard-Xylo/Scorpio.