siddhant

Spied:New Chevy Spark!

desabr.jpg

What you see are pictures of Chevrolet's new Spark (code M300) undergoing fuel economy testing alongside a current Spark in Chennai. Based on the Beat concept car (pictured below) the new Spark is expected in India

towards the end of this year. The new Spark will be the second of two

new Chevrolet models to be launched this year. It will follow the

Chevrolet Cruze which will be available in the entry luxury segment

this September.

The new Spark is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 3.5-4.5 lakh.

Aggressive localization is expected to be be part of GM India's

strategy to boost sales volumes for the new car. The new Spark will be

built at GM

Well the beat concept is a looker and can change things around for GM in India if launched fast it was due launch in MAy09 but its good to see the testing of it .I hope they have increased the width .

Well the beat concept is a looker and can change things around for GM in India if launched fast it was due launch in MAy09 but its good to see the testing of it .I hope they have increased the width .

to me it looks a lot like ritz

Nice find dude.

Yup, even to me it feels as if the Beat and the Ritz share the same platform.

And as it is pretty bigger than 'rival' i10, it may just end up becoming a rival of the Ritz.

I think it will end up astar ways the concept was superb but production version sicks . I hate the rear lamp and car begs for bigger wheels.

Yeah the rear lamps look straight out of a previous gen santro. I also agree with the a-star thingie.

To me neither the A-star concept at the auto expo delhi, nor the current a star look good.

Where are the rear door handles? smiley3.gifwinner482009-07-02 16:14:50

i think there will be some changes in the indian design ...specially at the rear .....m tired now of unusual designs ...like a star , ritz , dezire etc...

all this makes me realize that what is new is not always worth buying ...but lets wait and see that does gm launch the same car or make some changes ...i hope for the little cosmetic change in design ....

Well its not similar to A-star. A-star looks completely different from its concept model, but the new spark looks very similar to the Beat concept. And yes rear seems to be not so spacious but definately not cramped as per the pic and in comparision to A-star. Interiors are rocking, they are so futuristic but that bike like console is not going with whole interiors and rear lights should be changed.

And this is Daewoo version of Chevy spark, the front grille of Chevy looks much better than this version.

@Rssh, in India almost every small car begs for bigger wheels, so i think this should not be a big issue if Chevy does the same thing.
bluesapphire2009-07-03 08:14:07

THank god its a daweeo version hope Gm guys have researched hard for Indian market and get realistic and move those rear handles and give elegant interior theme.

i actually liked the car as whole, specially the bike inspired speedo meter.

i hope GM package it well for india with a good engine and price.

DnDs2009-07-03 11:16:21

GM new mini (M300) Scores Highest in KIDI Crash Tests (Grade 1 out of 4). In Korea its called Matiz Creative.GM India conformed it will be called Chevy BEAT.

GM Daewoo says the Matiz Creative is the first mini-car that manages to score the highest in the KIDI tests,as only four vehicles out of 13 tested between 2006 and 2008 receiving the same rating. smiley32.gif.

We can expect 5 star from NCAP.

Any one know's the NCAP rating of I10, Rtiz, Punto, VW Polo ?

Press release: