gauravsimply4u

santro accelaration problem

hii friends, i have santro 2004 model.from last 2 days its giving problem.when i accelerate the car it doesnt take the pick up smoothly.sometimes it pushes or somtimes lags on putting the acclerator.please help me to disclose the problem and tell me the remedy to overcome it.

Check out the fuel injectors....and spark plugs....if they are fine ...then go ahead with clutch plate replacement...but this would be the last resort.....depending upon the KM covered by the car and your driving habits....

Gaurav, What is the Odo Reading?

Since how many days are you facing this Acceleration Problem? If its recent, I would advise to check the Fuel Quality. If the Fuel is adulterated, the Kerosene will cause the Injectors to clog and thereby give jerks.

Do you feel jerks at particular speed or only while taking off?

Please change the Petrol Pump and see if problem resolves.

thanks for quick reply.my santro has clocked 57 k kms. i m facing these problems just since last 2 days.the problem occurs while accelerating. if it is the cloged petrol filter or the cloged fuel injector? should i use system G injector cleaner for few days before going to the service centre? 

Since you are facing the acceleration problem for last 2 days, it is more likely that you filled adulterated petrol the very last time. Use the System G (Double the Dose) until this jerks problem disappears. After that you may stop using it.

When did you last change Air Filter Element, Petrol Filter?

Normally AF should be cleaned every 5000kms (Earlier if Driving Conditions are Dusty) and replaced every 40,000kms (Earlier if Driving Conditions are Dusty).

Petrol Filter should be replaced typically every 10,000kms.

It is adultrated fuel, the same happened with my Santro, fill in Power or Speed with the current fuel will sort the problem some what, use a single pump always and better still a company pump

is it possible that the adulterated fuel could've done some damage to fuel filter??? ...asking' date=' i don't know[/quote']

The Adulterated Fuel (Kerosene) may clog the Fuel Filter, thereby affecting the Accelerating Capability of the Engine.

May be the clutch has started to give up.ensure that while you shift gears press the clutch completely.And in doing so if the accelaration is improving you can approch the service centre and ask them to leak the clutch.That way you don't have to press the clutch completely for it to bite.I have done this on my 2004 Getz.

Hi Friends, I have Santro Xing XL 2007 Model Running on Petrol and CNG. Done 23K in ODO and 17K on CNG, it was running fantastic till last week when suddenly one day morning after givening the cell it had given me trouble in ideal position usually i keep car ruuning in ideal condition atleast for 5 to 6 minute till it get proper heat. So after i found this went to my CNG fitted dealer he told everything is fine in CNG the only problem he feel is in petrol so went to my service centre after they inspected they found the problem is in second feul injector which was not working so the jerks where coming. They told me that they will try to repair it but it didnt get repaired then then need to change the Feul Injectors which will cost somewhere around 8K to 10K. This was really a Jhatka for me and afraid that whether this people are right or just wanted to make me to spend more. so I thought before i get into this need to take expert suggestions on this I would you all to help me out on this whether FI can be repaired or replacing is the only option. Kartik Iyer