akashgupta

DEMO CARS : for SALE

Well yes the demo cars are also sold but the milege is not a concern a dealer sold an esteem at 45k km demo car.

Also a demo car should be avoided as many new buyer don't know how the vehicle will behave and end up burning the clutch faster .The conditions and the seat fabric of these car wears out faster.

A demo car is good VFM, are well maintained, and often will have a lot of goodies. However, it is almost certain to have seen rough use and handling. Also, clocking of meters is reported to be endemic in this segment.

Personally, I would avoid a demo car, its better to opt for a 2nd hand car instead(single user). Usually the abuse is of high degree & you never know, some parts could have been swapped with other cars.

Otherwise, one can assume a discount of ~ 1-1.5L on a demo car.

Have you looked at the Car Rental cars. I hear they also come cheap.

Remember the horror story about the rental agency car that never got an oil change until the engine seized up! smiley1.gif

The best "deals" usually have the highest risks.

I M GETTING HONDA CITY 2008 VERSION 8000 KM DONE FOR RS 7' date='50,000.00 IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND THE COMPANY IS SAYING ITS GUARANTY WILL START AFTER U WILL PURCHASE THE CAR SHOULD I BUY IT OR NOT.......[/quote']

In such cases some Honda dealers are not very reliable as many threads/posts in this and other forums proclaim. They may backtrack on promises made.

Please check the merits before finally deciding. Since you are already spending Rs 7.5L a lakh and a half won't make much difference for a brand new one.

OFF TOPIC One common rule- all Demo cars are the high end variants. You test drive the best variant, move around with family, so many gizmos all around in the car and finally when you land in the showroom, maybe you decide to go for a lower variant. Thats when you're under pressure from your family and the salesman, to only go for the higher version !!!

@Anjan: What gizmo's? The only gizmo the City ZX had was the CD player. Even its VTEC had only all round disc's and no ABS and was fraught with braking problem's. City ZX was a 'bare bone's' user friendly car. Paying 7.5 L for a second hand Honda demo car, you must be nut's, and remember it's the dealer and not the company that's giving you the warranty. Can you get a written warranty from them or is it only word of mouth? For a lakh more you can go for the ANHC basic model, you'd be better of with that. Don't worry you'd be better of without the 'hitech' audio system of the higher model and you can have the system of your choice fitted at a reputed accessories shop. Is it the City ZX or the ANHC?Durango Dude2009-06-04 18:28:15

@Anjan: What gizmo's? The only gizmo the City?ZX had was the CD player. Even its VTEC had only all round disc's and no ABS and was fraught with braking problem's. City ZX?was a 'bare bone's' user friendly car. Paying 7.5 L for a second hand Honda demo car' date=' you must be nut's, and remember it's the dealer and not the company that's giving you the warranty. Can you get a written warranty from them or is it only word of mouth? For a lakh more you can go for the ANHC basic model, you'd be better of with that. Don't worry you'd be better of without the 'hitech' audio system of the higher model and you can have the system of your choice fitted at a reputed accessories shop. Is it the City ZX or the ANHC?[/quote']

I agree with durango dude. Why would i spend 7.5 Lakhs for a car that barely has any so called gizmos? And also the fact that its been driven around for more than 8k. If it were my opinion, for such a car, i would pay a max of 4 lakhs...nothin more.

Since I was looking for an Octavia RS, I found that there was one dealer test drive vehicle for sale. When I spoke to them, I was told that it was their Managing Director's personal car (I don't believe that), 2006 model and done about 45000kms. Can you imagine how much he quoted for it?? 8.75 lakhs, the guy is out of his brains!!

Yeah! you are right considering the model and number of km raked up it is stupidity you must have laughed a lot on his claim if you didn't then he might have more confidence in the Resale and especially a MD car man I would have laughed like hell.smiley36.gifsmiley32.gif

In case you go for a reposessed car make sure the documentation is clean. We all have heard stories of loan givers using strong arm methods. Then the title of the vehicle may be in dispute.