vr.46

Verna Transform(ed)

Look's a lot better than the present Verna which is plain 'insipid' to look. And no it's not a photoshop job. Here's the original article from 'Autoblog'

Hyundai gives KDM facelifted Accent - is the U.S. next?

by Damon Lavrinc on Jun 3rd, 2009 at 7:31PM

03-2010-hyundai-accent-leak-580op.jpg

2010 Hyundai Verna Transform/Accent - Click above for an image gallery

Hyundai's released a handful of images of the redesigned Verna Transform, or, as it's known in markets outside of Korea, the Accent. This 2010 model receives a thoroughly redesigned front fascia that's strikingly similar to the recently released Subaru Legacy, with a deep air dam, oversized front grille, foglights, and sculpted bumper that accentuates the pointed and drawn headlamps. The sides appear largely unchanged, and although there's only one image of the redesigned rump, expect the taillights to continue the bulbous theme out back.

Inside, the center stack has been modified with new faux aluminum trim and upgraded materials, while the green illumination of the instrumentation has been ditched in favor of a new blue hue. Motivation comes courtesy of a 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine and Hyundai Korea will continue to offer an "Eco" indicator on the dash that encourages a light foot. The redesigned Verna is rumored to hit Korean dealers this month, and it's assumed that the 2010 Accent will show up Stateside later this year.

Durango Dude2009-06-04 18:52:17

this one looks ugly, the front grill should be changed asap. if we remove the grill it would look much better. the bumper looks nice.

when will the designers learn to design proper cars?

after europe influenced design of i10,i20,i30 (which were rather good), they decided to give korean people some chance to design verna, and look what they have come up.

Seriously ugly grille design, god known how the girl could get close to the car smiley36.gif My take get the H badge on to the lower grill and let the bonnet sheet metal cover up that area and come lower down to the grill, that should look great, any photoshop action of the suggestion?

verna....was never a great looking car ...accent still looks better than verna....with this new bumper hyundai has just tried to make it look little sporty ...but ...i dont think majority of people wud like it ....even earlier look was more elegant .....verna is selling only due to crdi ....

Disappointing!! The already lagging sales of the Verna will be pushed further back if this botched job ever makes it to the showrooms. The sad part is that Hyundai has all the ingrediants to making a brilliant car for C segmant and unfortunately it hasnt been able to repeat the success of the Accent. I hope they get their act together and fast because customers like my father want to go back to Hyundai. Only if they sold a product worth buying now.

new-verna-transform-2.jpg 

Sources tell us that Hyundai will launch the facelifted Verna by the end of this year  The Verna Transform was launched last year in Korea with new headlamps, grille and bumper.

Reactions were mixed at the time of the launch. Many believed that the new Verna had lost touch with its family members. Compare the new Verna