vr.46

Verna Transform(ed)

This is not going to shake up the market. Verna sorely lacks airbags. I'd prefer a Fiesta S to this car any day. The only reason Verna sells is coz of the diesel engine and Hyundai's ASS. It should have a petrol engine upgrade and airbags with existing features for it to make  a worthwhile buy.

Durango Dude2010-06-19 19:36:03

The suspension/tyre setup on this thing bobs up and down on urban roads. Petrol engine not efficient. And if i remember correctly back in the hey days when the Accent was selling like hot cakes, Hyundai aggressively sold that car with many promotions, accessories etc.

Apparently Hyundai is not doing that now for the Refined to perfection VERNA, because it's quality hatches outbeat the verna which isn't a well rounded sedan. A bumper change is not going to help me thinks ! 

Look's a lot better than the present Verna which is plain 'insipid' to look. And no it's not a photoshop job. Here's the original article from 'Autoblog'

Posted by DD.

While Verna has not been a hugely successful car like Accent it still sells in respectable numbers of 1500-2000 units a month because of the awesome diesel engine.

Posted by Rahul1810.

It is like This:

Kya karu moussi, lakh burai ho mere ponchi chora me per mere muh se to iski tarriff hi niklegi.smiley36.gif

( There can be lakhs of fualts in my roudy boy but you will hear good things from me only)
cartoos2010-06-20 07:37:58

New Verna launch around 25th June

370836d1276941473-new-verna-sooner-than-

& will be called Verna Transform, which includes Minor Changes in Grille(similar to korean version) and features not the Entire new Verna shocased in Bejing Motor Show few weeks back.

(team-bhp)

IMO, Its new 3D Silver frame designed Head-lamps & Grille looks good & more modern than that of the Present version, alongwith the New Convex-lens based front Fog-lamps.

Hyundai has announced that it will launch the Verna Transform (Verna facelift) in Mumbai on the
23rd of June (day after tomorrow).

The Hyundai Verna Transform is a mid-life facelift which went
on sale in Korea in 2009. There would be no modifications under the
hood, but only on the 23rd can we confirm anything.

The event will be conducted in the presence of Mr. H.W Park MD &
CEO of HMIL and Mr. Arvind Saxena, Director, Mktg. & Sales.

External differences on the Korean market model include a different
radiator grill, bumper, quadra-exhaust and headlamp. Interiors receive a
dose of new items like a different mp3 player/radio, speedo and tacho
dials and ipod connectivity facility.

Hyundai relaunches sedan Verna at Rs 6.56 lakh

NEW
DELHI: The country's second largest car maker Hyundai Motor India on
Wednesday
launched an advanced version of its mid sized sedan Verna, priced
between Rs
6.56 lakh and Rs 9.22 lakh (ex showroom Delhi).

The new car -- Verna
Transform-- will be available in two engine variants of 1.6 litre petrol
and 1.5
litre diesel.

"The Verna
Transform is all set to boost Hyundai's already superior line-up of
products in
India by raising the benchmark in the sedan segment," Hyundai Motor
India
Managing Director and CEO H W park told reporters here.

The company has sold 82,076
units of the old Verna, which was launched in September 2006.

Hyundai India is purely focusing on exports and cannot bring in the new accent/verna launched abroad nor the new sonata launched in korea/usa. The way i10,i20 is being dolled out locally as well as for exports, Hyundai cannot do more than changing the Bumper and maybe changing the music system. Anyways this verna facelift will pass like the existing one. vr.462010-06-23 09:02:22

Just when I thought the Verna couldn't get any uglier. That grille job is horrible, the current one looks so much better. But I hope at least the plastic quality is better on the inside.

That's Truly the International looking Verna, Hyundai have done the Great job to hide the age of their Speed Diesel Monster by adding Well Executed & truly International looking Face-lifted bits, instead of the Previous Verna which looked typical Desi-facelift with Cheap looking Chrome lined Grille.

Best bit of this New Verna Transform are,

-Sporty Trapezoidal Tail-pipe End(typical Skoda Octavia RS like),

-New Star-bust LED Effect Tail-lamps,

-Skoda/VW style cued Music System.

-Sophisticated looking Front end with New Bumper & Head-lamps.

55100302.jpg93086358.jpg64640836.jpg47021982.jpg58589757.jpg74231821.jpg

-Hyundai Verna's updated website:

-Updated Ex-Showroom Delhi prices:

Verna VTVT w/o Audio

Verna VTVT w/ Audio

Verna SX VTVT

Verna VGT w/o Audio CRDi

Verna VGT w/ Audio CRDi

Verna VGT SX CRDi

Verna VGT SX AT CRDi

dr_nishu2010-06-23 20:50:02

Actually who will be the target buyer for this car?

Car enthus usually call Hyundai cars as Boat, but still went for it for its looks.

Now its looks are been messed up, no Airbags, raw power and expected Captaincy. Definitely youngster or car enthus will stay away.

When this car which has a decently powered engine can't even provide a single airbag for safety still advertises that a person may need a pilot's license to drive it(or to that effect, can't remember their exact words), it becomes a Joke. Why do they claim that their Car is so sophisticated? Do they not realise that people can see through their pathetic attempt to update their car? They should give it a decent burial.

Actually who will be the target buyer for this car?

Most of the Family car buyers with budget of 7-9 lacs, who wants some Comfortable, Easy to Maintain Sedan with Good AfSS back-up.

And I've seen most of them Rarely using its full-to-full 110 horses, which are lying under its hood of its CRDi variant.

Previous Verna was just dull' date=' the new one is Horrible.

[/quote']

Hahaha

Well, it is not that bad. but i agree, the older one looked better.

I still dont understand the reason behind the exclusion of airbags.

The front end looks really confused with so many lines and cuts and they have managed to make the Verna look even more ugly!

Looks like Steven Seagal had a go with his marital art's strokes on the front end of the Verna Transform.