akashgupta

ACCENT VIVA CRDI ENGINE

Can you please tell us what High Maintenance are you facing with your CRDi?

In fact, CRDis are known for their Modern Technology.

Well if the new petrol engine has same engine mounting then it can be done but still you need an expert for this . Try to find good 1.6lt DOHC unit found in the accent or try the 1.5lt of current accent.

I think u shud stay away from doing any engine swap. You will end up spending more money maintaining that and getting it all right than wat ur spending rt now with ur crdi...Probably u will be facing a lot of prob with the mounting in ur crdi. I dont think the injectors will be givg tht much prob...accent had 2nd generation crdi...nt tht hi-tech bt still a gem.

Switching a Diesel car to Petrol!! HAAH!! Best of Luck with that buddy!!

Do you have the slightest idea of Engine swaps? Maybe you should do a little bit of research before blindly posting on the Forum.

Switching from Diesel to petrol means you have to change the whole fuelling system. It can be done, but it is extremely difficult, tedious and very expensive. You are better off selling this off and Buying that Linea you have been going on and on about!!

As far as I know, engine transplant is illegel. Not sure about this but. Also, the process would be very expensive. It is better to sell this off and buy a petrol car as per your wish.

Diesel engine overhaul at a lac Kms in fair, what do you expect the car to do keep on running, well it is, but if you have screwed the engine it bound to reflect problems.

The black smoke is fairly common in diesels, if oil change filter change and injectors are not regularly maintained.

engine overhaul shouldn't be before 1.5-2 lac kms atleast....1 lac kms is quiet early !!!! and yes diesel cars have a habit of emitting black smoke cause of the carbon formation on its injectors and eveything....

Buddy i think ur car pistons are gone same problen occurs in almost eveey diesel car after 5 years !!!!! smiley1.gif

I would differ here.

We have Indigo LS (May 2004) which has covered 1,66,000+kms. But we did not change Pistons yet.

It is IDI Engine (not even Common Rail unlike Akash's). Still it returns FE of 19+ with AC on Highways and Pickup is still like new (only the Turbo Lag spoils the fun). Once the Turbo is in Action, Zooom. The pickup is still amazing even after 1,66,000kms.

@Akash

I dont think the Pistons need replacement. Also you have not mentioned the Odometer Reading.

And yes, if you go for Piston Replacement, it will cost a bomb in case of Common Rail Engines since their cost is too High.

As for Common Rail Engines,

I am not facing any FE or Pickup Problems with our Indigo XL. Just the Idle Noise is way too Loud for a CRDi.

Engine swap is a very bad idea, you may never get it right and the car may spend more time in garage than on the road.

Other than engine it might even require a gear box change as this gear box will be optimized for the high torque nature of the engine.

By the way you have not mentioned what is exactly wrong with the engine, black smoke is very vague. what is the service saying exactly what is wrong with it? cos looking at your problem i am also a bit worried as i too own an accent CRDI which is 6 years old and has 55000 on the odo....  

Better sell off the car and go for a new one. Engine swap is not advisable. It involves a lot of technicalities and the overall cost may not be that alluring to decide for it. And for the resale value- the petrol Accents are selling for Rs 2 L to Rs 3L depending on the model year. My point is that the petrol engine set-up may cost you at least Rs 80000 to 1 L, but the resale value of the car will still hover around Rs 2 L or so.  Whereas Accent diesels still fetch upwards of Rs 3L during resale as they are in demand.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Though its not illegal to swap engines, the requisite forms and permissions have to be obtained from the RTO where the car is registered presently. This is because the engine no. gets changed. The RC / TC entries are altered after the permission is accorded.

anjan_c20072009-06-19 15:48:16