vinoth86

Should i buy R15?

Though the Bike is awesome, It is a pain to use in the Cuty and while Riding Long Distances. Its got too sporty a stance to be comfortable. But it performs Magnificently!!

thanks for your input guys.... performance kit?? will they increase the price.. already its 108000 in chennai....saw those new FZ series photos... its looks good but it has just quarter portion of faring...

I think, new bikes will be just like the current bike. The performance kits will have to be purchased separately. No problem, you can buy R15 now and if needed you can buy the kits when they are launched.

Hey man,

Prioritize what you want from your bike other than looks, decent mileage (these are ones which everybody wants!!smiley1.gif), as a proud owner of a 5 month old R15, i would say if you like it go for it. For any new bike you have to get used to its new riding position, handling of the bike etc. cos no 2 bikes are the same. Initially i used Kinetic GF-125 (which was styled like a cruiser) and then a CBZ. it took me a week to get used to its low and sporty riding posture but now extremely comfortable with it smiley4.gif. i have used it both city and highway runs (done about 500kms in a day) comfortably. I would say go to the showroom, ask for a test ride if possible and then decide.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!smiley1.gif 

took test drive of both the bikes.... liked R15 the most but didnt like its price tag... so decided to go for the fz series... any body know when the new Fz bike will be launched....

WAS AT YAMAHA PROSERVICE FOR MY R15 FOURTH SERVICE AND SAW THREE NEW COLOURS WITH SOME CHANGES

ONE WAS YELLOW & RED (NON-METALLIC) & DARK BLUE (I THINK METALLIC)

SOME NEW GRAPHICS (STICKERS HERE AND THERE), NEW HORN LOUDER THAN THE EXISTING ONE, RADIATOR GRILL IS NOT BLACK NOW.

BUT NOT LIKED AS THEY LOOK HAND PAINTED I THINK MY R15 RED METALLIC LOOKS GOOD THAN THIS.

The FZ will be a better option. Though it depends upon your daily drive and your pocket too.

If your daily run is long,Do Not Prefer R15 ,can cause you back aches. And if you want better mileage too,go for FZ.

Now comes the performance part,you want the adrenaline rush, looks, posture ?? Go for R15.

Though I personally liked FZ on looks,I like the naked bikes.

hi,

definitely r15 is superior than FZ interms of power, handling like a sports bike, cornering, braking and whatever the aspect is there.

no upgradation for r15 now planned by yamaha. But yamaha soon going to pack fz16 th a full fairing thus it ll look like a FZ1 fazer. it looks really hot & appealing. this one will be close to r15 in price. but donno about power and engine torque.

since wheel base of fz is lesser than r15, if tha full fairing fz16 gets a more powerful engine fz ll definitely outclass r15 in maneouver.

thought its good VFM than r15  nearly 30000 cheap. and also took test drive of Fz , its underpowered and cost almost same as 220. i think new fz 150 would cost more than 220 as fz-s itself costs 76000.